PDA

View Full Version : Come clean, name the genre that sounds good to your ears...

Crazylikeafox
10-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Notice I said the genre that sounds good to you, not the one you like. So don't post here saying you love punk just because you hate the government and all that shit.

For some reason I have a particular affliction with the somewhat new Metalcore genre...I don't know why but it just strikes all the right nerves in all the right places....bands like Every time i die, the chariot, Since By Man. I just love it.

drowning_fish
10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Who the fuck really listens to music that DOESN'T please their ears?

Snowskate to Destiny
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't know what its called but the kinda slow with a smooth voice. You know, from the Telus commercials and stuff?

Help me out.

Crazylikeafox
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Who the fuck really listens to music that DOESN'T please their ears?
Scene kids.

adio
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
punk

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Classical. Damn I love listening to classical, its really relaxing.

SoHereIAm
10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
ska!

Crazylikeafox
10-24-2007, 05:19 PM
True that, especially some Frank Sinatra.

Snowskate to Destiny
10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Seriously guys, help a brotha out.

What is this genre called.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_JqLPzWCU

Crazylikeafox
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Indie, what specific form I don't know.

Snowskate to Destiny
10-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks nig.

Lakai.Or.Die
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
indie sounds really good. it makes me feel relaxed... kinda that feeling like "it's all good"

codyguy
10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
prog rock

spongeballs
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
i mix it up.

flipsta14
10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Thrash metal...it just goes strait to my balls.

eberg15101
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
i like like 70s classic rock

like probaly stuff your parents listened to back in the day

and like southern rock lol

almost on the verge of country

tubbyturd
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I love rockabilly, especially 50s and 60s stuff. Ya know, Eddie Cochran & Jerry Lee Lewis kind of stuff.

eberg15101
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I love rockabilly, especially 50s and 60s stuff. Ya know, Eddie Cochran & Jerry Lee Lewis kind of stuff.

ya i like jerry lee haha

and chuck berry
and try eddie and the cruisers there decent with old time rock n roll

and 700th post !

Fly_in_My_Soup
10-24-2007, 07:06 PM
ska, reggae.

Ipswitch
10-24-2007, 07:28 PM

What? Sinatra isn't classical...

For me, really good funk. Just grooves that make me bob my head. Those are the tunes that immediatly make me say "this is sickkkk"

Anti-Hero
10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
hip hop or psychedelic.

Crazylikeafox
10-24-2007, 07:50 PM

For me, really good funk. Just grooves that make me bob my head. Those are the tunes that immediatly make me say "this is sickkkk"
Well I think he is, he was around in the 30's!

tubbyturd
10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
ya i like jerry lee haha

and chuck berry
and try eddie and the cruisers there decent with old time rock n roll

and 700th post !

If you like them, listen to some Big Daddy Sun (http://boomp3.com/m/1db78a0d14de)!

Roboman
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Klesmer metal. Or tribal techno.

hanyo66
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM

haha try Mozart :-L

I like the song Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve, so whatever genre that is

and rap

drowning_fish
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Yeeeeeeah, the stuff that gets into you. I love that feeling. When something just comes on and it's a really sick beat or a dope riff or something. It's those times when I really know "I love music"

Marevix
10-24-2007, 08:11 PM

Classical music was strongest in the 1800s.

Taaffe
10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
a lot of stuff my grandparents like.

washington_man
10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
everytime i hear jazz i always like it

jpharaoh69
10-24-2007, 08:52 PM
punk. but not boring 3 power chord progression punk...more melodic and intense.

Pantera_fan
10-24-2007, 09:14 PM
reggae dudes, and thats coming from a thrash fan lol, i like some 60s pop, like the beatles

rock_emerica
10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
ska!

YEAH haha and also alt. rock

Roboman
10-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Seriously guys, help a brotha out.

What is this genre called.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_JqLPzWCU

Ben Lee is pretty much indie / roots.

Yuuki
10-25-2007, 02:28 AM
^yeah, but Ben Lee is insane.

SkaSkate
10-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Don't know if you heard, but they used to make music like... way before that. It's called classical. Sinatra is jazz.

blackgoat
10-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Death metal, Black metal, Heavy metal, Industrial metal.... ALL KINDS OF METAL... Fuck it

ruckus.
10-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I really like melodic death metal.

And Reggie. Reggie is so much fun. Everything I listen to it I just get happy. It's such happy music. Too much reggie can be bad though. But it just sounds so free and breezy.

ride almost
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzQb79IhoRE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlejfA5NCbQ

this

Ipswitch
10-25-2007, 10:39 AM

The 30's was when jazz was huge. Classical goes way back before then. Classical is like, Mozart. Frank Sinatra is like, swing, vocal jazz.

adude113
10-25-2007, 11:15 AM
A lot of stuff with a low, clean voice, that isn't accompanied by annoying music. So that can be a lot of genres.

ride almost
10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzQb79IhoRE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlejfA5NCbQ

this

o yea, and metal (all kinds)

!!!Ben!!!
10-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Indie Rock.

Crazylikeafox
10-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Don't know if you heard, but they used to make music like... way before that. It's called classical. Sinatra is jazz.

Classical music was strongest in the 1800s.

The 30's was when jazz was huge. Classical goes way back before then. Classical is like, Mozart. Frank Sinatra is like, swing, vocal jazz.

Alright! Jesus christ I was wrong about it, damn I don't need you all telling me the same thing that was already established 6 posts back.

!@#$
10-25-2007, 12:50 PM

yea

!@#$
10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
I really like melodic death metal.

And Reggie. Reggie is so much fun. Everything I listen to it I just get happy. It's such happy music. Too much reggie can be bad though. But it just sounds so free and breezy.

http://www.toonsland.net/rocketpower/images/thumb/nastyxxx.jpg
too much reggie can be very bad

Fudopi
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Usually, underground rap, horrorcore rap, classic rock or really hardcore metal stuff.

Melancholy
10-25-2007, 01:03 PM
This kinda of music, I don't know what It's called but It's great to listen to before you're going to do something stupid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzSh8tuLh4
By the way the bombers are swedish and have really big balls.....

Noobieskater4ever
10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I dont know the exact genre. But one of the bands is the Fray. I love listening to the fray. Its soothing but still entertaining. I love their dsoong "How to Save a Life."

CasperGuy
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Notice I said the genre that sounds good to you, not the one you like. So don't post here saying you love punk just because you hate the government and all that shit.

For some reason I have a particular affliction with the somewhat new Metalcore genre...I don't know why but it just strikes all the right nerves in all the right places....bands like Every time i die, the chariot, Since By Man. I just love it.

damn man... i would negg you now but i like you alot so im not gonna do it ! but metalcore wtf /?? its ruin real metal.... and because of it in like 1 decade there wont be any real metal anymore...

anyways... the genre i like isclassick heavy metal (or bands like maiden judas priest etc ) and genre like eric burdon is ! i dont want to name it cause i will be wrong but i just really like that music ! lately i started to like death and black metal ! death is more about technique and black more about atmosphere !

Crazylikeafox
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
damn man... i would negg you now but i like you alot so im not gonna do it ! but metalcore wtf /?? its ruin real metal.... and because of it in like 1 decade there wont be any real metal anymore...

anyways... the genre i like isclassick heavy metal (or bands like maiden judas priest etc ) and genre like eric burdon is ! i dont want to name it cause i will be wrong but i just really like that music ! lately i started to like death and black metal ! death is more about technique and black more about atmosphere !
Hahahaha! Are you fucking high or something?

Comfortably Numb
10-25-2007, 02:39 PM

Same.

kristian
10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Southern Rock, or bands with a southern rock style.

www.myspace.com/thehollyspringsdisaster

solid band. Just to give an idea of the genre.

mkcrank mulisha
10-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Any early metal bands, metalcore, "hardcore" I just if thats what you want to call it.

BROBOT
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
funk, reggae, alternative, folk, rock, hair metal, more alternative styles of rap (hieroglyphics, fatlip), old school rap (NWA), some other stuff.

and the smiths. i love the smiths

CasperGuy
10-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Hahahaha! Are you fucking high or something?

maybe a bit.... but i really believe in that...!! why u think im wrong ?

skatersteve
10-26-2007, 06:31 AM
acoustic stuff. its relaxing.

Pantera_fan
10-26-2007, 08:04 AM
to ride almost

duuude, AC/DC roock, and my dad went to that gig, Pantera, 'tallica and AC/DC in Moscow, while he was travelling lucky f*cker got to see dime play

and the youtube link says its in donnington, the youtube link is a liar

Crazylikeafox
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
maybe a bit.... but i really believe in that...!! why u think im wrong ?
Yes, I do.

CasperGuy
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes, I do.

sigh .... why do you think im wrong i asked....

Crazylikeafox
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
sigh .... why do you think im wrong i asked....
Because MetalCore simply is not ruining "real metal" as you say, its a stupid comment that did nothing but make you sound like a scene kid.

CasperGuy
10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
ok whatever... sometimes its hard to point out some fact but im not into arguin 'bout this .... im enough of my stupid friend who even thinks that metalcore owns metal...

JerseySucks
10-26-2007, 01:38 PM
A lot of Indie music can put you in a good mood when you are in a shitty one... I love bands that are a mix of mathcore and progressive stuff. A solid band can't be thrown into one genre.

CasperGuy
10-26-2007, 01:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpggYErGUcQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Otwqe1oSh6o

same goes for other metal types... not only death

now tell me why metalcore bands aren't gay ?

wtf ??? dude negged me because i stated an opinion....

popwar sk8er
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
ska, reggae.

same

Crazylikeafox
10-26-2007, 02:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpggYErGUcQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Otwqe1oSh6o

same goes for other metal types... not only death

now tell me why metalcore bands aren't gay ?

wtf ??? dude negged me because i stated an opinion....
Wow, both those videos are almost as fucking stupid as you. The idiot wasn't even comparing the right genre! Most of the compared bands that weren't death metal enough for his supposed perfect music tastes where a mix of screamo, mathcore, and such. He then goes on to say what a "real" metal fan is? What a fucking arrogant dickhead, in fact he is almost the definition of a scene kid. So just get the fuck out of here with your little "I'm such a cool metal head, I rewly KNO music lawl!" attitude. And don't bitch because I negged you for a disagreement in opinion, what am I supposed to neg you for, pissing on my lawn? Its the fucking internet.

theonlysun81
10-26-2007, 02:50 PM
probaly alternative and indie both quality genres. also punk cause i like alkaline trio

Ynot
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
rock
metal
60's soft rock
disco(yes, disco)
funk
old school hardcore punk
jazz

eberg15101
10-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Southern Rock, or bands with a southern rock style.

www.myspace.com/thehollyspringsdisaster

solid band. Just to give an idea of the genre.

listen to molly hatchet bro

and hell

lynard skynard, and the eagles, and doobie brothers

those are just some of my favorite southern rock bands

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 05:51 AM
yeah sure ! you dont know what a scen kid is thats why you saying bullshit ! and people like you are what i video was saying about ! plus it was comparing right things because every metalcore fan thinks they are so hardcore listening to that crap music !

plus ! why do you think every fan of power and heavy metal till death and black metal dislike metalcore and all this new metal scene going out today ?! because todays metalcore is involving commercial factors ! why do you think the number of posers is growing these days ?!

BROBOT
10-27-2007, 06:23 AM
a lot of motown sounds fucking awesome too.

SoHereIAm
10-27-2007, 06:25 AM
yeah sure ! you dont know what a scen kid is thats why you saying bullshit ! and people like you are what i video was saying about ! plus it was comparing right things because every metalcore fan thinks they are so hardcore listening to that crap music !

plus ! why do you think every fan of power and heavy metal till death and black metal dislike metalcore and all this new metal scene going out today ?! because todays metalcore is involving commercial factors ! why do you think the number of posers is growing these days ?!

...what?

Ltd. Appeal
10-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Punk, prog

adude113
10-27-2007, 07:02 AM

I like metalcore, but I also like all kinds of metal. Metalcore is usually more catchy and stuff, and often sounds better to the ear, even though a lot of the time it's simpler than heavy, power, death, black, or whatever metal.

Crazylikeafox
10-27-2007, 08:31 AM

Awwww, boo frigging hoo. Metal is progressing into to different forms, fucking cry about it? Its music evolution and you cant stop it, but metal will always be around, metalcore isn't ruining it. You sound like every parent who argues that their generation of music was better than the current, but it wasn't. (always)

And next time try using grammar and spelling right, I had to read your post like 6 times to understand it even a little bit.

Roboman
10-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Awwww, boo frigging hoo. Metal is progressing into to different forms, fucking cry about it? Its music evolution and you cant stop it, but metal will always be around, metalcore isn't ruining it. You sound like every parent who argues that their generation of music was better than the current, but it wasn't. (always)

And next time try using grammar and spelling right, I had to read your post like 6 times to understand it even a little bit.

Look at his location, I really don't think English is his first language...

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

Crazylikeafox
10-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Look I found a pic of CasperGuy!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa225/Zombielifetaker/1193505005367.jpg

Hmmm, what a douchebag.

guitarplayr318
10-27-2007, 10:10 AM

ya.. classical is the shit

but i also love classic rock, like AC/DC and aerosmith and boston

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
thanks roboman for the firs part of your post!

crazylike a fox for same reason you think the guy in that picture is douchebag i think metalcore is crap ! and evolution of something isnt always good !

im just blaming metalcore for having thousands of little kids - posers thinking they are hardcore and buster ( thats the word i found in dictionary...maybe its wrong http://www.in.gr/dictionary/lookup.asp?Word=%EC%E1%E3%EA%E1%F2&TranslateButton2=Translate ) because they listen to nu metal , metal core or deathcore ....

like emo music steals everything from punk ( ask every real punk fan his opinion about emos ) the same metalcore does to metal !

and i end it here ! its pointless to explain someone something he thinks is wrong.... only jesus managed that and even not completly ...

EDIT : lol there is a picture from varg vikernes ! WOW the guy is KING !

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNLDLyeepVs

just read the paranoidaves comments in the video ... about trivium and avenged sevenfold ...notice both are metalcore

codyguy
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
metalcore does suck.

drizzle
10-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I enjoy many a punx.

for some reason, whenever I listen to thrash metal, it makes me fall asleep/makes me sleepy.

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I enjoy many a punx.

for some reason, whenever I listen to thrash metal, it makes me fall asleep/makes me sleepy.

agreed :)
i always sleep at noons listening morbid angel, burzum, dimmu borgir and/or children of bodom !
so relaxing

Crazylikeafox
10-27-2007, 03:25 PM
thanks roboman for the firs part of your post!

crazylike a fox for same reason you think the guy in that picture is douchebag i think metalcore is crap ! and evolution of something isnt always good !

im just blaming metalcore for having thousands of little kids - posers thinking they are hardcore and buster ( thats the word i found in dictionary...maybe its wrong http://www.in.gr/dictionary/lookup.asp?Word=%EC%E1%E3%EA%E1%F2&TranslateButton2=Translate ) because they listen to nu metal , metal core or deathcore ....

like emo music steals everything from punk ( ask every real punk fan his opinion about emos ) the same metalcore does to metal !

and i end it here ! its pointless to explain someone something he thinks is wrong.... only jesus managed that and even not completly ...

EDIT : lol there is a picture from varg vikernes ! WOW the guy is KING !
Wow your such a frigging scene whore its not even funny. You continually say how metalcore sucks and all the kids think they are hardcore, which is the dumbest reason to hate a music genre, because you don't like the fans. And your not even right about them trying to act like "busters" which is a total assumption you probably got from 1 metalcore fan you don't like. But you also seem to get off on how cool you think listening to "real" metal makes you, it doesn't. So to sum it up, your a fucking idiot, you hate a genre for having fans you dont like, you cant argue for shit and you might as well leave the internet.

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah sure honey .... everything u wish ! metalcore music is crap but thats too obvious to take me time to explain you why ....

4ndyDaEmcee
10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Techno/DnB, you know...them fast beat that pumps you like a bitch, and them music that's like Mario except its better.

Crazylikeafox
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah sure honey .... everything u wish ! metalcore music is crap but thats too obvious to take me time to explain you why ....
Or you cant because all your reasons are retarded and your wrong.

codyguy
10-27-2007, 04:24 PM
agreed :)
i always sleep at noons listening morbid angel, burzum, dimmu borgir and/or children of bodom !
so relaxing

thrash?

drizzle
10-27-2007, 04:27 PM
thrash?

every time i listen to the 2nd half of my D.R.I. crossover cd, my Slayer CD, my Metallica Kill em all CD, i fall asleep real fast-like.

codyguy
10-27-2007, 04:29 PM
every time i listen to the 2nd half of my D.R.I. crossover cd, my Slayer CD, my Metallica Kill em all CD, i fall asleep real fast-like.

i got that part, but the other guy didn't seem to know what thrash metal is.

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 04:44 PM
thrash?

thrash too... i said what else makes me relax

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Or you cant because all your reasons are retarded and your wrong.

i can ! but for a metalcore fan it always will be "retarded" and "wrong"... to a metal fan it will be logical and normal !

dutch madman
10-27-2007, 04:59 PM
i can ! but for a metalcore fan it always will be "retarded" and "wrong"... to a metal fan it will be logical and normal !

and what about the people that like all sorts of music, from metal to rap and shit like that? surprise me

CasperGuy
10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
and what about the people that like all sorts of music, from metal to rap and shit like that? surprise me

depends on what is the reason why you listen each kind of music !

Crazylikeafox
10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
More like your reasons are retarded and wrong from a "logical" "normal" human beings perspective and right from and idiots perspective.

billfris2345
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM

Wrong, the 20's was when jazz was huge, it started not being as popular as the 30's hit.

eberg15101
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
ya.. classical is the shit

but i also love classic rock, like AC/DC and aerosmith and boston

hell ya you got the band that got me into classic rock then two of my other favorite bands

aerosmith is my favorite band ever haha

and ya listen to frampton you might enjoy that

fallenrider
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
screamo/grindcore...

g00Db0y8
10-27-2007, 08:57 PM
ska

g00Db0y8
10-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Wrong, the 20's was when jazz was huge, it started not being as popular as the 30's hit.

also, ealry forms of jazz could be found as early as 1900

CasperGuy
10-28-2007, 02:34 AM
More like your reasons are retarded and wrong from a "logical" "normal" human beings perspective and right from and idiots perspective.

you are taking this too far you dumbass ! and in the first place i stated i didnt have any reason to argue !

Mystery-Boards
10-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Rap.

Crazylikeafox
10-28-2007, 05:04 AM
you are taking this too far you dumbass ! and in the first place i stated i didnt have any reason to argue !
But you did anyway. You cant expect me not to argue back when you quote me and try to blast my favorite genre.

ight dawg
10-28-2007, 05:36 AM
and indie bands

CasperGuy
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
But you did anyway. You cant expect me not to argue back when you quote me and try to blast my favorite genre.

well expect that im in the same position !

Justinfoo
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
alternative
rap
heavy metal

codyguy
10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
casperguy uses exclamation points to much.

Emerica
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
ska for life baby!!!

killyourfamily
10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Metal, Punk, Ska, Aussie hip hop, some gangster music (Public Enemy, N.W.A etc)

Crazylikeafox
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
well expect that im in the same position !
Wow maybe that comeback would make sense if I complained about you arguing with me, but it doesn't. Nice failure, idiot.

skateallday96
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
slipknot,deep purple,ac/dc,kiss,any kind of metal , not the acoustic slow metal the fast one.

Roboman
12-16-2007, 02:05 AM
^ Acoustic metal...?

pimpinkid
12-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Metalcore, stuff like bring me the horizon.
Psychedelic
Rap, stuff like ice cube/snoop dogg.

:)

G-skater
12-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Rap-The game 300 bars and runnin

planBskate27
12-16-2007, 06:45 AM
ive been listening to a lot of hair metal lately

rippen in da mitten
12-16-2007, 06:45 AM
a few acoustic songs or some jazz

almost_a_user_name
12-16-2007, 07:05 AM
anything that isn't country or screamo

Tehgiggles
12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Drum and bass
Rap
Rock

ride almost
12-16-2007, 08:59 AM
death, black, heavy, gothic, and old metal. also some classic rock like Queen i like.

Josh E.
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
grindcore is just really nice to me sometimes, but other times I like things like pink floyd and stuff.