PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we are genetically predisposed to like certain types of music?

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
?

drizzle
10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
what do you mean, like negros are naturally attracted to hip hop?

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
what do you mean, like negros are naturally attracted to hip hop?
I'm asking do you think certain people (not races) are genetically made to gravitate to a certain style of music? I think yes for the most part, but how they are introduced to it probably has a lot of effects.

I don't think many backs like rap because of the sound, but because its a black made and black produced music, that talks about black problems, so they relate.

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Meh, sort of.

My mom told me she liked COF when we listened to it on the way to school, I shat bricks.

So, maybe some..

V3
10-18-2007, 12:18 PM
No, because i liked rap back a while ago, and now im all metal

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Which do you like more?

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 12:22 PM
No, because i liked rap back a while ago, and now im all metal

I liked rap when I was younger too, but now I like a mix of Metal/Oi!/Classical

SkaSkate
10-18-2007, 12:23 PM
It's all a mind state, nothing more.

V3
10-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I ike metal best.

Any kind of metal.

himhkd
10-18-2007, 12:28 PM
it is just what your into if your not into it than your not into it but i think that it can change and things you didnt like before you can like in the future

i like everything and i mean everything

emericaxskater
10-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't, people's music taste changes all the time.

dain84
10-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Black people listen to rap because they're expected to. Kinda sad too. They're so musically talented, but they don't put that talent to good use...

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Black people listen to rap because they're expected to. Kinda sad too. They're so musically talented, but they don't put that talent to good use...

"Yeah.. Run.. Bitches.. Ohhhh.. Uhhh..Yeaaah."

*#1 song for 2 months straight*

Anti-Hero
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Black people dont all listen to rap. I know plenty of blakc kids who only listen to indie stuff and some who only listen to classic rock/progressive/psychedelic. And if that's true then why dont black people listen to blues, jazz, soul etc. I mean real soul too, not fucking Beyonce or whatever.

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
OK I don't want this to devolve into a race war thing, I'm talking about genetic dispositions not all black people have the same genetics.

blindskateboarder
10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I've went from mainstream-punk-rock-rap-metal- and now Im staying at screamo since its abviously the best music.

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
No music can be the best music.

IDropkickPunks
10-18-2007, 02:32 PM
No music can be the best music.
expecially not screamo

billfris2345
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Black people dont all listen to rap. I know plenty of blakc kids who only listen to indie stuff and some who only listen to classic rock/progressive/psychedelic. And if that's true then why dont black people listen to blues, jazz, soul etc. I mean real soul too, not fucking Beyonce or whatever.

So true, they used to be.

drowning_fish
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
This is basically Nature vs. Nurture isn't it? I say nurture

Anti-Hero
10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I say it's a combination of what you listened to growing up, what youre friends listened to, and the music that was around and popular while you were a teenager as well. I grew up listening to classic rock etc., and a lot of my friends listened to what's considered underground hip hop and like early hardcore and punk as well as classic/psychedelic rock. Then there was the whole indie scene going on and I loved seeing bands play live, so I would go see lots of no name bands and shit. Like, I saw the Strokes when I was 12, before Is This It, and I saw The Bravery when I was 14 or 15, and I liked Pixies and Radiohead and shit, so that's how my taste in music formed. I started listening to blues when I started playing the guitar, and my dad gave me some of his old blues stuff, and i started listening to jazz through hip hop really.

JerseySucks
10-18-2007, 04:40 PM
it's just environment and how you are bought up. If black kids are grown up basically told you are supposed to listen to rap, they are going to do it. most white kids fathers listen to classic rock or something of the sort, and they are brought up listening to that. i don't think it is as force fed as rap is for black kids though. 90% of black kids in my school classify any type of rock as crazy white boy shit. not trying to be racist at all, but I honestly think the majority of black kids in my school try to fit into some kind of premade mold or stereotype of listening to rap, playing basketball or football, and trying to act like a hardass all the time, just because they are brought up into thinking thats what they are supposed to be. for example, there is this one black kid in one my classes. when he around regular kids he acts normal and chill. when he is around the ghettoer black kids, he starts saying NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA every 3 seconds, and acts ghettoer, to try to act more stereotypical black.

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
it's just environment and how you are bought up. If black kids are grown up basically told you are supposed to listen to rap, they are going to do it. most white kids fathers listen to classic rock or something of the sort, and they are brought up listening to that. i don't think it is as force fed as rap is for black kids though. 90% of black kids in my school classify any type of rock as crazy white boy shit. not trying to be racist at all, but I honestly think the majority of black kids in my school try to fit into some kind of premade mold or stereotype of listening to rap, playing basketball or football, and trying to act like a hardass all the time, just because they are brought up into thinking thats what they are supposed to be. for example, there is this one black kid in one my classes. when he around regular kids he acts normal and chill. when he is around the ghettoer black kids, he starts saying NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA every 3 seconds, and acts ghettoer, to try to act more stereotypical black.

hahaha

Well, since im not black.. *puts racist card back in pocket*
Not my call..

JerseySucks
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
hahaha

Well, since im not black.. *puts racist card back in pocket*
Not my call..

By me writing stereotypical black, I'm racist? There is a such thing as stereotypical american black culture, as I put in my post, it's not being racist, just stating fact.

Not even to mention, I sort of remember a special someone (not saying any names) that argued that the Holocaust never happened in a certain thread, but lets not even get into that.

XCorrupTX
10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
i grew up listening to rock, and still now i listen to metal and classic rock

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
By me writing stereotypical black, I'm racist? There is a such thing as stereotypical american black culture, as I put in my post, it's not being racist, just stating fact.

Not even to mention, I sort of remember a special someone (not saying any names) that argued that the Holocaust never happened in a certain thread, but lets not even get into that.

The "Jewish" Holocaust imo, was overexaggerated.

I was being sarcastic on the last post right there d00d.

adude113
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
The "Jewish" Holocaust imo, was overexaggerated.

I was being sarcastic on the last post right there d00d.

No it wasn't asshole, 6 million of us died.

And I don't think we're genetically predisposed to like certain types of music. We're influenced by our environment somewhat, and idk maybe it depends on your personality a little. That's what I think anyway.

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Not to mention a certain someone who was a HxC racist...

woop tang
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I got called white because I was listening to 3 Inches of Blood on the bus. :(

Crazylikeafox
10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
LOL @ 3 inches of blood

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
No it wasn't asshole, 6 million of us died.

And I don't think we're genetically predisposed to like certain types of music. We're influenced by our environment somewhat, and idk maybe it depends on your personality a little. That's what I think anyway.

I believe only around 1.5 million may have died, and that it was a mix of Jews/Pol's etc. the Russians numbers changed over the years, so it was hard to account for the actual number.

Maybe you should look into "Holocaust Revisioning" and see for yourself.

NotoriousBigBird
10-18-2007, 06:22 PM
not at all. my taste in music is always changing. and i think my genes are staying the same. or atleast they should be.

wwpskater69
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
i share similar interests compared to my uncle and my parents, so yes, but scientifically, im nut sure if its even possible to be genetic. i think its just the environment your raised and the influences of your parents while your growing up.

Anti-Hero
10-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I believe only around 1.5 million may have died, and that it was a mix of Jews/Pol's etc. the Russians numbers changed over the years, so it was hard to account for the actual number.

Maybe you should look into "Holocaust Revisioning" and see for yourself.

Um, the Germans kept meticulous records, and there were a bit under 6 million Jews that were killed. They actually listed each person and why they were taken away, so there isnt much room for error in that number. 10 million Jews were killed under Stalin's rule in Russia too. Anyway, Im not Jewish so I dont really care if you dont like Jews, but it's a historical fact.

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Um, the Germans kept meticulous records, and there were a bit under 6 million Jews that were killed. They actually listed each person and why they were taken away, so there isnt much room for error in that number. 10 million Jews were killed under Stalin's rule in Russia too. Anyway, Im not Jewish so I dont really care if you dont like Jews, but it's a historical fact.

Many Russians (Non Jewish/Jewish) were killed by Stalin during WW2.

I always write about the "Russian Holocaust" during out Holocaust Reports.

Like I will say, those that truly died.. Im sorry for their families, those that fake it.. Keep their big noses out of it.

adude113
10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www1.yadvashem.org/about_holocaust/faqs/answers/faq_3.html

It was about 6 million Jews, and 5 million others.

Anti-Hero
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Many Russians (Non Jewish/Jewish) were killed by Stalin during WW2.

I always write about the "Russian Holocaust" during out Holocaust Reports.

Like I will say, those that truly died.. Im sorry for their families, those that fake it.. Keep their big noses out of it.

I didnt say they weren't, I was just saying that more were killed in Russia than by the Germans. Dont put words in my mouth. Also, the Holocaust is the name that was given to the Nazi genocide. Holocaust is not a noun that describes any genocide, it is a proper noun and it is the name of a specific incident. Also, how do you fake death? Yuh, tool.

AScentOfBlood
10-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I didnt say they weren't, I was just saying that more were killed in Russia than by the Germans. Dont put words in my mouth. Also, the Holocaust is the name that was given to the Nazi genocide. Holocaust is not a noun that describes any genocide, it is a proper noun and it is the name of a specific incident. Also, how do you fake death? Yuh, tool.

The miscounts etc.

Its not that hard.

d-ville skater
10-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Doubt it, its sort of something that you start to like when you first start to listen to music and your openness to it.

JerseySucks
10-18-2007, 08:35 PM
The miscounts etc.

Its not that hard.

There are no miscounts dumbass, the Germans kept excellent records. You are just denying the truth for no reason.

StreetLight
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM

People act and talk differently depending on who's around them. Being half mexican i talk differently to my mexican gang banger "friends" because they normally wouldnt understand the vernacular i predominantly use in intelligent conversation. So i can see where he's coming from.

dustydust
10-19-2007, 05:56 AM
The miscounts etc.

Its not that hard.

the germans kept good records of who died, theres a lott of proof that around 6 million died. stop denying it.

dain84
10-19-2007, 06:36 AM
AScentOfBlood is a toolbox.

theARNSKI
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
from being predisposed to music to the holocaust...only in SB-C can such things occur...

Anti-Hero
10-19-2007, 11:17 AM
The miscounts etc.

Its not that hard.

Like i said, being that the Nazi's kept such excellent records it is pretty easy to simply count the names that have 'Jew,' or whatever it was, written next to them. It's pretty hard to miscalculate that, especially when it's been done hundreds of times.

Ltd. Appeal
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
No. I think as our brains develop they become more attracted to seemingly random things.

...that came out weird, but bare with me.

whatever
10-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, just a thought: genes determine what sounds are pleasant to one person as opposed to another, kinda like taste buds work i guess. So that might be applied to music. However, as somebody grows more musically intelligent, they might start to overlook certain music.

But environment does determine what a person will actually listen to, and from listening to something you can at least grow accustomed to it and learn to like it.

And it's a bad idea to go against something as recent as the Holocaust without more to back you up than some crazy conspiracy theory. Maybe thats just me

0zero0
10-21-2007, 10:05 AM
no way.. i do think you can be naturally talented at music though

Anti-Hero
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Well no fucking shit kid. You think Beethoven woulda been shit without natural musical ability? That's a huge part of being a successful musician.

Crazylikeafox
10-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Well no fucking shit kid. You think Beethoven woulda been shit without natural musical ability? That's a huge part of being a successful musician.
Chill out.

Ynot
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
growing up, most if not all the people i knew listened to either spanish music, hip hop/rap, or pop/dance music.

my favorite types of music are rock, metal, jazz, and punk

so no, i don't think we're genetically predisposed to certain types of music