PDA

View Full Version : Looking for gooooood death metal...

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 07:26 AM
I am looking for some more death metal bands...

Right now I really listen to:

Job for a cowboy
Cannibal Corpse
Six Feet Under
Nile

but I also listen to:

Carcass
Waking the Cadaver (they are more grindcore...I'm not gonna argue that...)
I killed the prom queen (they are kinda death metal...)
Behemoth (I think they are death metal mixed with black metal..)
Black Daliah Murder
Dying Fetus

Any suggestions? Feel free to tell me if any of the bands I listed go in a different genre :cool:

Marevix
10-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Necrophagist, Deicide, Kataklysm, Death.

I'm getting tired of telling people that Job For A Cowboy isn't death metal.

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Necrophagist, Deicide, Kataklysm, Death.

I'm getting tired of telling people that Job For A Cowboy isn't death metal.

I wasnt sure if they are...what genre are they? thanks man, I just got some death last night.

flip101
10-13-2007, 07:36 AM
You might like:
August burns Red
Between the Burried and Me
The Black Daliah Murder

Marevix
10-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I wasnt sure if they are...what genre are they? thanks man, I just got some death last night.

They're grindcore with death elements, referred to as "deathcore". Nothing after their first EP can be considered death metal under any standards, and the EP itself would be pushing it. I die a little inside every time I hear a "OMG, Genesis is the best death metal album evar" from the grindcore monkeys at my school.

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 07:43 AM
They're grindcore with death elements, referred to as "deathcore". Nothing after their first EP can be considered death metal under any standards, and the EP itself would be pushing it. I die a little inside every time I hear a "OMG, Genesis is the best death metal album evar" from the grindcore monkeys at my school.

HAHAHA god I thought you were gonna sat genesis is the best death metal band evar .

Yeah I thought they were grindcore...but most people told me they were death metal...

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 07:45 AM
You might like:
August burns Red
The Black Daliah Murder

Yeah I like black daliah murder a lot.

V3
10-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Darkthrone
I killed the prom queen
Anal Cunt
Rotting Christ

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Dying Fetus
Origin
Severed Savior
Suffocation
Deeds Of Flesh
Disgorge
Vital Remains

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Dying Fetus is amazing...I can't believe I couldn't think of them when I was making the list of stuff I listen to.

Comfortably Numb
10-13-2007, 08:42 AM

Grindcore

Gothic Romance
10-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Legend of a sailor.

almost_a_user_name
10-13-2007, 08:46 AM
vader

codyguy
10-13-2007, 09:02 AM
obituary

Among The Living
10-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Cenotaph
Wormed
Lykathea Aflame
Zyklon

Ipswitch
10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Haha, good death metal. Thats any oxymoron.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-13-2007, 09:32 AM

Cause you're a legitimate retard, we went over this already.

Gothic Romance
10-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes, god forbid someone like music you don't.
tool.

Ipswitch
10-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh you metal heads crack me up.

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh you metal heads crack me up.

What music do you like then?

Ipswitch
10-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Jazz and Funk.

SkaSkate
10-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Jazz and Funk.

That's music.

One thing I'm 100% sure of is that there is no "gooooooooood" death metal.

Gothic Romance
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
God damn, stfu.
Just because someone else likes music you don't, doesn't give you authority to say its bad.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
That's music.

One thing I'm 100% sure of is that there is no "gooooooooood" death metal.

Yeah, based on the 1% of death metal you're even aware of(and thats IF you even know what death metal is).

Dumbass.

SkaSkate
10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
A bit too much "o"s no? It's... DEATHHHHH METAAAAAL!!!

Ipswitch
10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
God damn, stfu.
Just because someone else likes music you don't, doesn't give you authority to say its bad.

Hahaha sure it does. Its an opinion, dumbass.

"I love that movie"
"I didn't like it"

Same thing.

Gothic Romance
10-13-2007, 10:20 AM

"I love that movie"
"I didn't like it"

Same thing.
Nothing like your saying.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-13-2007, 10:30 AM

"I love that movie"
"I didn't like it"

Same thing.

Not really, to compare your example to what you state about death metal you'd have to be referring to a single band.. not an entire genre.

What your saying is more like "I like comedies" and you saying "there is no such thing as good comedies".

There is amazing musicianship in EVERY form of music, and its completely ignorant to deny that there is anything good about death metal based on the fact that the vocalist growls and the drummer does blast beats.
Its alright if thats not your thing and you're not into it.. but you can't deny that death metal is a really technical form of music that focuses more on the musical aspects of song writing.. growling and blast beats are just something that comes along with it because nothing else would fit.

Gothic Romance
10-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Not really, to compare your example to what you state about death metal you'd have to be referring to a single band.. not an entire genre.

What your saying is more like "I like comedies" and you saying "there is no such thing as good comedies".

There is amazing musicianship in EVERY form of music, and its completely ignorant to deny that there is anything good about death metal based on the fact that the vocalist growls and the drummer does blast beats.
Its alright if thats not your thing and you're not into it.. but you can't deny that death metal is a really technical form of music that focuses more on the musical aspects of song writing.. growling and blast beats are just something that comes along with it because nothing else would fit.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better.

flipsta14
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Perfectly put.

billfris2345
10-13-2007, 07:31 PM

"I love that movie"
"I didn't like it"

Same thing.

I respect your opinion, but the way you deliver it makes you look like a humongous asshole. Your not just saying that you don't enjoy Death Metal, but your saying it absolutely sucks. I mostly listen to jazz (As you can tell from my user name) and I don't like Death Metal at all, but I still respect it as music. If you liked music at all you would respect other peoples musical tastes.

Ipswitch
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Ok sorry I regret what I said.... but I HATE blast beats...

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok sorry I regret what I said.... but I HATE blast beats...

How come?

SkaSkate
10-14-2007, 01:25 AM
How come?

Could have something to do with how annoying they sound.

EdUmacatedd
10-14-2007, 06:50 AM
You might like:
August burns Red
The Black Daliah Murder

sorrry bubs, but august burns red isnt death metal, their hardcore,screamo but they is my favorite band and you may like them.

try:

as blood runs black

listen to strike (chug chug)
it has a tight breakdown near the end

Hewlett
10-14-2007, 06:55 AM
death metal is such horrible music.

i mean come on, a band called "anal cunt"? what the fuck/

or the song by cannibal corpse "i cum blood", how can you enjoy lyrics like that?

and its not like it even sounds good.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-14-2007, 07:27 AM

or the song by cannibal corpse "i cum blood", how can you enjoy lyrics like that?

Anal Cunt is a grindcore/shock rock band, not a death metal band, moron.. and don't even listen to them.. they're for people who find humor in rude sarcasm and who don't take it seriously(unlike yourself).

So what? Unlike most music, death metal is more about the music than the lyrics. The lyrics are based off of death, horror, violent fantasy.. which weirdly fits with the genre(death metal).. since you weren't smart enough to figure that out in the first place.

Yeah, it doesn't sound good to you because you're intolerant and weakminded and can't comprehend the idea of music having weirder/rougher subjects.

Don't even try to form another opinion on death metal until you actually know what it is and realize the different storyline of lyrical content they cover.

Ipswitch
10-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Well it sounds like you cant just start liking death metal right away. You probably previously listened to softer rock/metal stuff, and progressed into liking metal. I've never been into metal, ever, so its no surprise to me that I hate it.

Hewlett
10-14-2007, 11:34 AM
death metal just makes me laugh, so i guess its ok sometimes.

H3TT1NG3R
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
children of bodom
cradle of filth
nevea tears.(like hardcore mixed with death metal lyrics mixed with regular lyrics)

SkaSkate
10-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Well it sounds like you cant just start liking death metal right away. You probably previously listened to softer rock/metal stuff, and progressed into liking metal. I've never been into metal, ever, so its no surprise to me that I hate it.

Hah, that made me think about what I've listened to for the past 17 years that I sorta recall. I was born and raised with classical rock such as Beatles, Cream, Kinks, Monkees, Animals, what my dad rocks out to. I listened to rock bands like Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Zeppelin, Who and such when I was around 10-13, even Metallica and heavier stuff like Slipknot, Sepultura, even... Korn... yuck. I later got into punk for a short while, then came the ska I still enjoy (not too many bands though), and now I'm into a bit of rock, some ska and lots of funk and jazz.

This looks like a thread idea...

Among The Living
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM

You're an Idiot.

If you actually listened to other Death Metal bands, you'd realize that not all of them are about gore. Take Wormed for Example; they sing about Human Evolution, Space, & other stuff like that.

Do your homeowrk before you bash it.

flipsta14
10-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Death metal is based around violent themes and lyrics like Rageagainstoymachine said. It's faster pace...its heavier...it's great...Personally for me it would have used to scare the hell outta me but I worked my way up and now I think its great. There's so much talent that you guys are looking past....Cannibal Corpse is amazingly fast....people talk about how great guitarists are and how metal is just talentless and just heavy to be heavy and they are just playing shit...Well first off if you knew anything about instruments you would be amazed at the techniques they use. Second off any idiot could pick up a guitar and play "fast" but it takes sooo much practice and devotion to play like cannibal corpse they play faster then anything I have ever seen while still making it sound great.

balkan
10-14-2007, 03:58 PM
i just found these guys and theyre pretty sick.

Salt the Wound

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1899893

you might consider them "deathcore" but i think you'll probably like them.

flipsta14
10-14-2007, 05:05 PM
They sound decent.

ruckus.
10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I will not argue, I know that not all the bands listed below are death metal. But I don't care because I think you might like them anyway.

Obituary
Necrophagist
God Dethroned
Cephalic Carnage
Amon Amarth
Napalm Death
Morbid Angel

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Death metal is based around violent themes and lyrics like Rageagainstoymachine said. It's faster pace...its heavier...it's great...Personally for me it would have used to scare the hell outta me but I worked my way up and now I think its great. There's so much talent that you guys are looking past....Cannibal Corpse is amazingly fast....people talk about how great guitarists are and how metal is just talentless and just heavy to be heavy and they are just playing shit...Well first off if you knew anything about instruments you would be amazed at the techniques they use. Second off any idiot could pick up a guitar and play "fast" but it takes sooo much practice and devotion to play like cannibal corpse they play faster then anything I have ever seen while still making it sound great.

Cannibal Corpse is hella slow compared to Internal Suffering and Origin.

Gothic Romance
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Dude, wtf is that gif in your sig?
Not gonna lie, I lol'd even though I don't understand the purpose of it...

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM

Mine?

Marevix
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM

It's Korpiklaani's violinist playing as he busts out of his hut in the "Wooden Pints" video. The entire video is basically a big/low-budget joke, reminds me of the earlier Immortal video-work.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
It's Korpiklaani's violinist playing as he busts out of his hut in the "Wooden Pints" video. The entire video is basically a big/low-budget joke, reminds me of the earlier Immortal video-work.

Ahahahah I never knew where it was from. Nice. This band seems like a good drinking band.

EdUmacatedd
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
i just found these guys and theyre pretty sick.

Salt the Wound

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1899893

you might consider them "deathcore" but i think you'll probably like them.

i didnt click the link but if thats a local band i saw them play at a show with rose funeral

jesuscutsmylawn
10-15-2007, 11:14 AM
possessed