PDA

View Full Version : pop-punk/rock?

Fallen4Life19
10-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Well its hard to explain what im looking for, but here it goes. Im looking for kind of a pop punk sound, but without the popiness, and is faster, and doesnt have any long pauses Just a straight guitar/drums/bass sound throughout the whole song, and has like a modern day sound.
If you know any good bands that may fit this criteria please post them. The less mainstream the better.

EDIT:JUST POST SOME UNDERGROUND PUNK BANDS IF YA KNOW ANY.

drizzle
10-05-2007, 09:25 PM
...sounds like punk.

pop punk is for pussies.

himhkd
10-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Well its hard to explain what im looking for, but here it goes. Im looking for kind of a pop punk sound, but without the popiness, and is faster, and doesnt have any long pauses Just a straight guitar/drums/bass sound throughout the whole song, and has like a modern day sound.
If you know any good bands that may fit this criteria please post them. The less mainstream the better.

no

fuck no

Treeunit
10-05-2007, 09:28 PM
your post kinda confuses me, but i'd say rancid

Fallen4Life19
10-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I know its hard to explian what im looking for.

And i already like rancid quite abit

tubbyturd
10-06-2007, 05:57 AM
How about some Guttermouth (http://boomp3.com/m/c97d95f5c8a8)?

Maybe The Queers (http://boomp3.com/m/16d7c13fb8e2)?

Not sure what you're looking for.

SoHereIAm
10-06-2007, 06:22 AM
uh.. Millencolin, the Descendents, Lagwagon, Bouncing Souls, Screeching Weasel, NOFX, Vandals..maybe whole wheat bread.

rock_emerica
10-06-2007, 08:52 AM
haha i like pop punk

Ecko
10-06-2007, 08:57 AM
set your goals.

sounds pretty close to what you're looking for, check them out

dain84
10-06-2007, 09:46 AM
...sounds like punk.

pop punk is for pussies.
Do you even know what pop-punk is?

It was Jawbreaker (First album), The Queers, The Descendants, Screeching Weasel, The Lillingtons, The Buzzcocks etc.

drizzle
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Do you even know what pop-punk is?

It was Jawbreaker (First album), The Queers, The Descendants, Screeching Weasel, The Lillingtons, The Buzzcocks etc.

Well, i've only heard the descendants and screeching weasel, and I heard anti-flag was pop punk.... so yeah, it's for pussies.

d-ville skater
10-06-2007, 09:55 AM
set your goals.

sounds pretty close to what you're looking for, check them out

Fo sho.

Tehgiggles
10-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Home Grown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-lAtIXwuQ

eberg15101
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
the dickies, dwarves, i used to know sooooo many punk bands uhhh ill like post em if i ever see the old stuff on my ipod

Edit:
seems like your lookin for stuff liket he ramones,

in that case

youll proably like the street brats

almost_a_user_name
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM

EDIT:JUST POST SOME UNDERGROUND PUNK BANDS IF YA KNOW ANY.

the only thing that comes to mind is new green day. but if you want it "without the poppiness" try old green day

mr. jenkins
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
www.myspace.com/ieiboys

go listen to them.

p
10-08-2007, 09:18 PM
green day, dookie and before

pinkeh
10-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is it the less mainstream the better? Sure there's a lot of mainstream shit out there that sucks, but there's also some good stuff. Same goes for underground, there's plenty of shit out there too. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's not good, and just because it's not popular doesn't mean the opposite.

/mini rant

dain84
10-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is it the less mainstream the better? Sure there's a lot of mainstream shit out there that sucks, but there's also some good stuff. Same goes for underground, there's plenty of shit out there too. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's not good, and just because it's not popular doesn't mean the opposite.

/mini rant

but, PUNX!!!!!!!! ANERKY!!!!

tubbyturd
10-09-2007, 07:48 AM

/mini rant

I've never really cared about mainstream or not. I just enjoy looking for obscure bands. I guess it's a hobby, I don't know.

pinkeh
10-09-2007, 07:54 AM
^ True, but I guess my post would be more directed to people who will like a band just because it's underground even if it sucks or will dislike one just because it's mainstream even if the music is good, and I know for sure plenty of those kinds of people exist. It doesn't make sense to me. I always hear of people liking bands when they're pretty unpopular, but than once they get a lot of mainstream attention they completely turn it around and act like they hate the band.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Fuck that..

Listen to The Exploited and Total Chaos if you want some killer punk.

tubbyturd
10-09-2007, 08:53 AM
^ True, but I guess my post would be more directed to people who will like a band just because it's underground even if it sucks or will dislike one just because it's mainstream even if the music is good, and I know for sure plenty of those kinds of people exist. It doesn't make sense to me. I always hear of people liking bands when they're pretty unpopular, but than once they get a lot of mainstream attention they completely turn it around and act like they hate the band.

I guess it's the thought process that fame = money = selling out. Never mattered much to me, though.