PDA

View Full Version : Is Dragon Force's drummer good?

guitaristontherun
09-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes/No and why.

I say no because he has less beats than a death metal drummer, and the only thing decent about him is the speed, but in every live video he can't play near as fast as the studio version, and loses rhythm.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes/No and why.

I say no because he has less beats than a death metal drummer, and the only thing decent about him is the speed, but in every live video he can't play near as fast as the studio version, and loses rhythm.

That can be said about every dragonforce member.

guitaristontherun
09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Very true.

dustydust
09-23-2007, 04:55 PM
no.

Among The Living
09-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Gets a big fat no from me.

Skaterdude
09-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Dragonforce is like a thrift store version of Dream Theater.

tubbyturd
09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I'd love to see him try to play the drums from this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8__EwAT8VM) I don't like the Dragon Force drumming at all. It seems like he's just spazzing on his kit, and not trying to make it sound good.

Word Life
09-23-2007, 06:09 PM
what the hell is a DragonForce

EDIT-NVM, JUST FOUND OUT, i hate metal so much.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
what the hell is a DragonForce

EDIT-NVM, JUST FOUND OUT, i hate metal so much.

Actually you don't know anything about metal.. at all.. so stfu and gtfo.

Word Life
09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Actually you don't know anything about metal.. at all.. so stfu and gtfo.

you are right, and i still don't like it, so call me glib or ignorant. Still don't like it, and btw, that drummer sucks, i heard a couple songs on youtube and all he does is drum fast, that doesn't make him good. he is a phailure.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-23-2007, 06:42 PM
you are right, and i still don't like it, so call me glib or ignorant. Still don't like it, and btw, that drummer sucks, i heard a couple songs on youtube and all he does is drum fast, that doesn't make him good. he is a phailure.

I don't even like Dragonforce.. so I don't see your point.

codyguy
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM

dragonforce is incomparable to dream theater

Word Life
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't even like Dragonforce.. so I don't see your point.

the second statement wasn't directed at you, it was answering the thread question.

bush pig
09-23-2007, 08:36 PM
dragonforce is incomparable to dream theater

Agreed. Least DT have some sort of variation to their songs, im certainly not saying that I don't like them.

Grr, I regret buying Inhuman Rampage immenesly..

bush pig
09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Rofl, CoB... good? They are the same really, very formulaic.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
DragonForce sucks live. Every video I've ever seen of them live is like "member of dragonforce falls down on stage" or "they suck live"

My friend loves them, but all of their songs sound the same. they have the same three chords played fast. woop de doo

I don't really listen to metal that much, but when I feel like listening to it, I listen to something good like Children of Bodom

Should listen to Death instead.

I EAT BABIES
09-23-2007, 10:18 PM
He's fast, but pretty much just plays the same shit over and over.

Roboman
09-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Probably the lest creative drummer EVER!

AScentOfBlood
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Meh, I heard a song, I didnt care too much for it.

DngrouseCrgo555
09-24-2007, 12:27 AM

they were ok at download but overall i can see what your saying

personaly i think he is a good drummer coz basicly i enjoy the music he plays, weather or not he can play it live or not

riskitforabiscuit
09-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Dragonforce are completely different to Dream Theater.

mr. jenkins
09-24-2007, 03:16 AM
The drummer uses buttons.
Instead of pedals, there are buttons on the double bass, making it where it makes his hits 2x as fast, and he's still not that fast.

skate.or.die!
09-24-2007, 03:28 AM
yea he probably is

Marevix
09-24-2007, 05:10 AM

He doesn't write the drums in Dragonforce songs as far as I'm aware. IMO, he's a solid drummer when DF isn't having him play the same ridiculous shit over and over.

dain84
09-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Instead of pedals, there are buttons on the double bass, making it where it makes his hits 2x as fast, and he's still not that fast.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Joey Jordison? That's what he does.

iplaydrums
09-24-2007, 11:14 AM

stfu noob.

iluvuhoneybunz
09-24-2007, 11:46 AM
fuck dragonforce

Skaterdude
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Dragonforce are completely different to Dream Theater.

I meant that in a sense that all of Dream Theater's members are really damn good at playing their instruments, while all of the members of Dragonforce just try to make it seem like they're good at playing their instruments.

guitaristontherun
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Source? I want proof of this, as this will make my friend look like the dumbass he is for liking this drummer.

Carva
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Personally I think he does have quite abit of skill but there are better drummers out there.. I do like DragonForce a little bit but i only like metal when im in a certain mood and wether you like a certain type of genre of music or not you should still appreciate what it stands for because ..lets say.. without Jimi Hendrix (who revoloutionised the music industry).. music would be very different.. it's the same with alot of music legends.. because they broke the boundries and changed music which lead to different genres.. theres a type of music for everyone and if you dont like it then keep it to yourself, cos nobody else needs to know. :)

Marevix
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
personally i think he does have some skill but there are better drummers out there.. i kind of like DragonForce a little bit but i only like metal when im in certain moods.. and wether you like a certain type of genre of music or not you should still appreciate what it stands for because ..lets say.. without Elvis.. music would be very different.. same with alot of music legends.. because they broke the boundries and changed music which lead to different genres.. theres a type of music for everyone and if you dont like it then keep it in your head :)

$5 says that Elvis stole riffs.

Among The Living
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
$5 says that Elvis stole riffs.

Can't name them, but I know it was bunch of the older black Jazz musicians. Elvis was far from original.

Turboz
09-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I say that dragonforces drummer is alright. People just hate him as well as the rest of the band because they're not satanic or aren't into the death thing as all the other metal bands do (you know who you are). As for the double bass buttons who cares? Does he have buttons on any other parts of his drum? no big deal. If its just one small thing then thats no reason to say he sucks. If youre not into non-satanic or non-death oriented metal then dont listen to them. There you go

tubbyturd
09-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I say that dragonforces drummer is alright. People just hate him as well as the rest of the band because they're not satanic or aren't into the death thing as all the other metal bands do (you know who you are). As for the double bass buttons who cares? Does he have buttons on any other parts of his drum? no big deal. If its just one small thing then thats no reason to say he sucks. If youre not into non-satanic or non-death oriented metal then dont listen to them. There you go

I don't like him because his drumming doesn't sound good to me. I could give a damn about the theme of the music.

Marevix
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM

I think people hate Dragonforce for recording/releasing songs that they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of replicating live, overusing/repeating riffs, ridiculous lyrics, dislikable vocals, and repetitive drumming.

Oh, and buttons would make a significant difference because the bass drums are what form the core of the rhythms in Dragonforce's drumming. Although I'm fairly sure he doesn't, their Graspop '06 performance shows him playing what appears to be a pedal-based technique.

iplaydrums
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Playing bass with buttons is harder than with a pedal.

new_skater99
09-25-2007, 11:52 AM
i have no idea who this guy is, but if all he has is speed then that is nothing.

guitaristontherun
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM
1.I hate them and I hate death metal, and don't care for satanic stuff. Most of the time I don't even care enough to listen to lyrics.
2.I don't even think he uses buttons, I'm still waiting for the guy who claimed that to give me the source.
3.This should read, "If you're not into crappy riffs that the band can't play, a bunch of studio effects, repetive drummer, crappy singer, crappy lyrics, drummers that don't play more than 2 beats, or a band who's members don't know how to count to 4 live(rhythm insult), then don't listen to Dragonfarce.

DomPy
09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
i like them, but i can understand why people don't.

he's a good drummer, i don't think they should speed stuff up on the recordings

nwodafometsys
09-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Instead of pedals, there are buttons on the double bass, making it where it makes his hits 2x as fast, and he's still not that fast....?

flipuk
09-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Saw em live, theyre quite funny. Cant play their songs for shit but thats mainly because well, they are wasted.