PDA

View Full Version : Thrice new CD

d-ville skater
09-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Its so good, anybody listen to some of the songs for it? Its not out but you can hear some of their songs out Myspace Music. My favorite song by far is Digital Sea.

The albumn is called The Alchemy Index vols 1&2: Fire and Water.

The music is mainly Expiremental Rock. The songs are really calm to some hard rock elements I guess you could say.

http://www.myspace.com/thrice

What do you think?

Ecko
09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
umm, so how do you know its 'so good' if it isn't out yet smart guy?

JerseySucks
09-22-2007, 05:39 PM

Because there are two new songs on their myspace dipshit.

rock-adio
09-22-2007, 05:43 PM
No way it can be better than their last CD, though I'll have to listen to this.

Marevix
09-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Because there are two new songs on their myspace dipshit.

That doesn't mean the album is good, in means that the album has some good tracks. Metallica's Master of Puppets is a perfect example of an album with a few great songs and a bunch of mediocre ones.

JerseySucks
09-23-2007, 07:58 AM
That doesn't mean the album is good, in means that the album has some good tracks. Metallica's Master of Puppets is a perfect example of an album with a few great songs and a bunch of mediocre ones.

He's pretty much talking about Thrice's new sound, than reviewing the actual album. If he thinks the 2 new tracks are great, it's fair for him to assume the album will be good.

dustydust
09-23-2007, 08:13 AM
jerseysucks, do you really like paramore that much?

Roboman
09-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Thrice have gone experimental? Maybe I should start listening to them again...

Anti-Hero
09-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Fuck that, Master of Puppets is tight.

Marevix
09-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Fuck that, Master of Puppets is tight.

Have you listened to "Ride the Lightning"? Bar a few songs, that album slaughters Master of Puppets. MoP has a few brilliant tracks, then a few brilliant riffs/melodies dispersed evenly throughout the other generally bland and uninteresting songs. Should've been an EP, IMO.

The One Who Once Was
09-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Thrice have gone experimental? Maybe I should start listening to them again...

Yea man. They really changed up their sound with Vheissu. It's pretty good. Two new songs sound good too.

Roboman
09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Yea man. They really changed up their sound with Vheissu. It's pretty good. Two new songs sound good too.

I liked the Illusion of Safety, the Artist in the Ambulance had musical parts which I liked but the vocals got to me after a while. Hadn't heard Vheissu other than Image of the Invisible.

liebherk
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM

because it's being made by Thrice.

duh

The One Who Once Was
09-24-2007, 08:24 AM
because it's being made by Thrice.

duh

I had a feeling you would post in this thread.

d-ville skater
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
He's pretty much talking about Thrice's new sound, than reviewing the actual album. If he thinks the 2 new tracks are great, it's fair for him to assume the album will be good.

Awhhh sweet smell of a actual intellenges.

Of course I dont know if the whole albumns going to be good, SO FAR I like it. The new sound is hell of sick.

I didnt know you (roboman) listened to Thrice... to be honest I dont know what kind of music you listen to anyways.

Roboman
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Awhhh sweet smell of a actual intellenges.

Of course I dont know if the whole albumns going to be good, SO FAR I like it. The new sound is hell of sick.

I didnt know you (roboman) listened to Thrice... to be honest I dont know what kind of music you listen to anyways.

I listen to... weird stuff... its hard to describe as a lot of the bands I listen to either fall between genres or people havent heard of them.

65daysofstatic (loud loud post rock + drill and bass), Karnivool (melodic hard rock sort of), A Perfect Circle, Fantômas / Mr. Bungle (indescribable, but my favourites are the heavy metal cartoon sounding songs), Juno Reactor (tribal sounding club / trance music), the Most Serene Republic (overly melodic and super time-shifting soft rock), Alamaailman Vasarat (Hard rock not using guitars, very jewish sounding), Insomnium (melodic doom metal)... :-!?

I really dont normally like any bands with punk-ish influences (except Assorted Jellybeans and Thrice and sometimes Suicidal Tendencies), but yeah Thrice were cool. Thrice had a bit more sophistication about them in their songwriting. Stopped listening to them quite a long time ago now.