PDA

View Full Version : POSI On the net is there guide for?

gimp
09-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Tocixity - System of a down

on drums?

I really wanna play this song, but i cant find any help on the net/ Can someone find me a guide? Ill give posi. :-D

blindninja667
09-21-2007, 07:46 AM
http://www.activemusician.com/store/search.asp?m=6&qu=Toxicity

that good? you have to buy it tho.

gimp
09-21-2007, 08:02 AM
No, i mean not buying it lol, i mean just to play it free off the net :)

blindninja667
09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
kk try to find it that way.

michaelo
09-21-2007, 08:32 AM
tabs http://www.mattsmusicpage.com/systemofadown/dtoxicity.htm

gimp
09-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks, ill give you rep.

I dont know how to read it though! lol ive just started drums ( well a few weeks ) and ive learn some of it by listening to people play it on YouTube, but i was wondering if there was a video of someone teaching you?

By the way thanks still

Can someone find a video teaching the song? ill give rep for that aswell.

sucka mothafcka stopper
09-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I've never used tabs to figure out a song on drums, it's really slow and not accurate. Just listen to the song, listen closely to the drums and figure out what drum/cymbal/etc. he's hitting when, figure out the beat as a whole and then just try it out. If you're just starting out and you can't play the exact beat, that's cool, just dumb it down a little and play it over and over, eventually you'll be able to play it the right way. You're not reallly gonna find anything on the internet explaining how to play just one certain song on drums.

If you really really want to learn it using the tab for whatever reason, you read drum tabs like the big B at the bottom is the bass drum, the S above is the snare, t's are usually toms, F means your floor tom, hh usually means hi hat and then C's or whatever are various cymbals. On the lines when you see the X's, it means you hit that drum. So if you see an X(it might not be an x, it could be any key really, sometimes different keys mean you hit the drum a different way, but dont worry about that at first)on the B line and the HH line, you hit the bass drum and the hi hat together, you see an X on the S line you hit the snare, and so on. It's hard to explain through the computer but hopefully I gave you an idea.

miniman
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Surely you only just asked the other day what drum kit to get and now youve been playing for a few weeks :S, anyway surely you could just listen to the song and learn by ear.

iplaydrums
09-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Drum tabs are for teh fagzorz.

pukieMcpukester
09-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Drum tabs are for teh fagzorz.

yip yip

gimp
09-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Surely you only just asked the other day what drum kit to get and now youve been playing for a few weeks :S, anyway surely you could just listen to the song and learn by ear.

Long story. I had a drum kit, but is was really shit, so i sold it ( I mean reaallly shit ) and i still went lessons, but didnt have a kit to practise. So im new to all kits and i wasnt sure what was good, someone told me roland was good on here, and checked it out and bought a kit. It cost 700 but its really cool.

Jakallica
09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I figured toxicity out on drums,,took me a while though.

Try drumming along to slayer,metallica,blink,slipknot,machine head,,its insane and fun..:)

Skaterdude
09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Lol, guide...

Step 1: Hit tom
Step 2: Hit cymbal and tom
Step 3: Hit tom again

emericaxskater
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Try this

http://www.tabit.net/tabs/search.php?n=toxicity

iplaydrums
09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
I figured toxicity out on drums,,took me a while though.

Try drumming along to slayer,metallica,blink,slipknot,machine head,,its insane and fun..:)

Insane? All of those except a few Slayer songs are incredibly simple.

Marevix
09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Insane? All of those except a few Slayer songs are incredibly simple.

Maybe he means insane from a beginner/nub perspective (after all, the threa starter isn't exactly experienced).

@Starter: I'm going to tell you this now; drums are far too easy to hear (short of extreme shit production) and replicate note-by-note for tabs/videos to be necessary or worth being dependent on. Just listen to the individual drums (learn the bass drum rhythm, then add the snare to it, then the high hat, so on) and put it together. You'll be useless as a drummer in a band if you need to have the songwriter tab out every note of drumming on paper, and even more useless if you expect an instructional video - and even if you don't plan on playing in some kind of musical project, lack of basic ear skills will cripple your versatility as a musician.