PDA

View Full Version : okay

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
willl someone please define=

grindcore
metalcore
hardcore
thrash(difference between this and speed metal)
metal(the difference between this, and metal)
death metal
jazzcore

screamo

i listen to htis stuff, but i dont know the difference , other than a few things

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:29 PM
posi for whoever does it first

homepage bump

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:29 PM
anything + core= the anything but more hardcore/ extreme, usually metal mixed with whatever.

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
thrash is more heavy than metal also. and more like fast and harder to play
then of course death metal is usually about darker themes, and is more screaming than metal.

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
but i thought that death meatl was more growling than screaming

and wouldnt thrash just be speed metal?

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:36 PM
no speed metal is faster, and like less deep. and ya death metal is more growling.

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
ohh , okay

well, what exactly is hardcore?

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:39 PM
hardcore is like metal, but sometimes a little heavier or faster, but not always. and they have usually a combo of deep growling/ screaming, and then just singing tht u can understand.

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:42 PM
wait. i thought thatwas metal...

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
u thought hardcore was metal? huh?. well it kinda is a version of metal, like metal is a version of rock

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
well, what exactly is metal then?

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:47 PM
metal is a type of rock that is a LOT heavier, and faster. usually hella darker themes too. and it varies a lot. its like describing rock but not as vague.

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
oh well
thanks for your help

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
haha no prob.

imlee
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
i posidd you

H3TT1NG3R
09-08-2007, 04:52 PM
k thnx just noticed

JerseySucks
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Hardcore started out as Hardcore Punk, which was just like heavier harder punk with screaming. Also with the adding of breakdowns.

Metalcore is like a combo of hardcore and metal, and is usually less harder and heavier than death metal or something of the like.

Grindcore is really distorted and faster and the guitars are tuned down.

Death Metal is basically more distorted metal with growling and screaming and harder and heavier sounds from the drums and guitar.

I'd tell you what thrash metal is but I have never really heard or listened to any bands, I'm guessing it's just really fast and heavy.

The term Metal usually just refers to older bands such as Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Iced Earth, Black Sabbath, etc. Because most new bands today fall into some gay unnecessary sub-genre.

iplaydrums
09-08-2007, 06:16 PM
The term Metal usually just refers to older bands such as Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Iced Earth, Black Sabbath, etc. Because most new bands today fall into some gay unnecessary sub-genre.

Megadeth is thrash.

I class Metal as the whole division of genres, and class the bands you listed as Heavy Metal.

avantcore
09-08-2007, 06:23 PM
jazzcore?
haha

Ynot
09-08-2007, 06:27 PM
willl someone please define=

grindcore
metalcore
hardcore
thrash(difference between this and speed metal)
death metal
jazzcore

screamo

i listen to htis stuff, but i dont know the difference , other than a few things
grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, death metal, metal-what JerseySucks said

thrash metal-more focused on heaviness than speed

jazzcore-never heard of that genre before, but judging from the name, i'd guess it'd be technical hardcore with bits of jazz/improv elements

imlee
09-08-2007, 06:34 PM
grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, death metal, metal-what JerseySucks said

thrash metal-more focused on heaviness than speed

jazzcore-never heard of that genre before, but judging from the name, i'd guess it'd be technical hardcore with bits of jazz/improv elements

jazzcore is kinda like ska with screaming soem times ,and guitars
its weird

imlee
09-08-2007, 06:36 PM
thanks everyone

Marevix
09-08-2007, 07:23 PM
grindcore - Similar to metalcore but with more extreme/varied vocal styles; generally faster/heavier
metalcore - Fusion of thrash-influenced metal with hardcore
hardcore - Evolution of punk influenced by thrash metal, generally faster/angrier than earlier forms of punk
thrash(difference between this and speed metal) - Speed metal is somewhat less heavy, and vocals are often influenced by NWOBHM (think Metal Church or Iron Maiden as an example of speed metal)
metal(the difference between this, and metal) - You listed the same thing twice?..
death metal - Faster/heavier evolution of thrash metal, usually more technical and using guttural growling

dustydust
09-08-2007, 07:31 PM

metal has more hardcore sound to it but metal is a little bit more thrashier.

Ipswitch
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
grindcore - gay.
metalcore - gay.
hardcore - gay.
thrash(difference between this and speed metal) - gay.
metal(the difference between this, and metal) - gay.
death metal - gay.
jazzcore - gay.
screamo - gay.

BROBOT
09-08-2007, 08:12 PM
any jazzcore bands?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Grindcore = Mix of death metal and punk.

Marevix
09-08-2007, 08:53 PM
grindcore - gay.
metalcore - gay.
hardcore - gay.
death metal - gay.
jazzcore - gay.
screamo - gay.

Why do you insist on constantly hating towards heavy music? We got the message months ago, you dislike it. I'm all for disagreement if you're willing to formulate an objective argument against it, but posts like these are a waste of both of our time.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-08-2007, 08:57 PM
grindcore - gay.
metalcore - gay.
hardcore - gay.
death metal - gay.
jazzcore - gay.
screamo - gay.

You're so fuckin dumb.

Ipswitch
09-08-2007, 08:59 PM
You're so fuckin dumb.

Haha, keep sippin on your hater-aid.

JerseySucks
09-08-2007, 09:26 PM
You're so fuckin dumb.

He thinks heavy music is gay... That makes him dumb?

Ipswitch
09-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Apparently. He believes that his opinion is the ONLY opinion, and everyone who disagrees with him is dumb.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Yes.

Ipswitch
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Your pathetic.

JerseySucks
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
You're*

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't care if you like it or dislike it, but to call it gay and to call it "shitty music(as you've done in previous posts)" is fuckin stupid considering how much it has raised the bar of what can be done musically(even more than your precious jazz). I respect every form of music, I am obviously not a fan of most bands(as I am sure you've noticed), but I respect the music itself. I just don't see how someone into jazz can dismiss the musical progression that came from heavy metal as "shitty music". Thats ignorant.

And I think you're a dumbass because you went out of your way to call metal "gay" instead of posting any kind of reasoning or intelligence.

imlee
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
haha, my bad ,typo

d-ville skater
09-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Haha, keep sippin on your hater-aid.

If you cant show respect to music, because those people are doing what theyre doing. Showing more talent then you could ever do with an instrument then please consider either shuting the fuck up or grow up.

Even though its all answered

Grindcore

Grindcore is characterized by heavily distorted, down-tuned guitars often showing crust punk-influenced riffs, blast beats by drummers, short songs, and a vocal style consisting of growls and higher-pitched vocals, often similar to those found in black metal. Lyrical concepts range from social and political issues to gore and horror to humor.

Hardcore

Hardcore is a subgenre of punk rock that originated in the United States in the late 1970s. Some of the original punk bands disbanded, or moved onto more experimental genres such as post-punk and art punk. In the States, hardcore emmerged with a new sound, which was generally thicker, heavier, and faster than standard punk rock.[1] It is sometimes characterized by short, loud[2], and passionate songs about serious topics such as government, capitalism, anarchism, war and the hardcore subculture itself.

Metalcore

Metalcore is a fusion genre, combining elements of extreme metal and hardcore punk. Defining the metalcore sound is not an easy task; various bands have fused a hardcore punk sound and attitude with many different types of metal, thus creating a simpler and more mainstream genre that is more palatable to the general public.

Metal

Metal (sometimes referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s.[1] With roots in blues-rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, heavy, guitar-and-drums-centered sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion and fast guitar solos. The All Music Guide states that "of all rock & roll's myriad forms, heavy metal is the most extreme in terms of volume, machismo, and theatricality.

Thrash

Thrash metal is a subgenre of heavy metal music, one of the extreme metal subgenres that is characterised by its signature high speed and aggression

Death Metal

Death metal is an extreme heavy metal subgenre. It is typically characterized by the use of heavily-distorted guitars, harsh low-pitched growled vocals, fast-paced rhythms and melodies, and unconventional song structures.

Screamo

Screamo is a musical genre which evolved from emo/post-hardcore/metalcore in the early 1990s. "Emo" and "screamo" are essentially meant to describe the same style of music, changing with the progression of bands and fans. Characteristic of the genre are "loud-to-soft" (sometimes chaotic) dynamics, harmonized guitars with fast-paced riffs and twinkly melodic breaks, frantic/abrasive shouting or screaming, angry/abstract/introspective lyrics, low-end production, and exceptionally energetic live shows. Screamo bands also tend to bury the vocals in with the other instruments and use more arpeggiated progressions, dynamic and time changes. Breakdowns in screamo songs are often slower and quieter than in other genres, though there is a tendency of still screaming during the soft parts.

All qouted from Wikipedia.

Renegade of Funk
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
^^^ pretty good definitions of hardcore and grindcore.

there's also a different kind of Thrash,
its kinda like grindcore, cept not so heavy and dark. It has a of blast beats, and really fast 1-2 beats.
Also known sometimes as Fastcore. Kinda like if you play your 80s hardcore records on 45 instead of 33.