PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Technique (Political Rapper)

MinusTheSkateboard
09-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm just being curious, is anyone into Immortal Technique or any other political-based music?

I have to say Immortal Tech belongs up top alongside Nas, Mos Def, Eminem, Logic, and other great hip-hop artists of our time.

And when it comes to rock music, Rage Against The Machine wins in the political sub-genre.

NorwegianSkater_92
09-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I really like his music. I donīt agree with his political views at all, but I think the lyrics are interesting.

drowning_fish
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Eminem? He's got a few good songs, sure, but far from a "great hip hop artist of our time"

:edit: Im Tech is good though. I hate kids that listen to only Im Tech and say they like underground hip hop. It's fucking gay. If all you listen to is Aesop Rock, Murs and Im Tech and say "I love underground music" you're just playing yourself

MinusTheSkateboard
09-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Coool.

Among The Living
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Im Tech is awesome.

Anti-Hero
09-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Fuck him. His shit's lame.

drowning_fish
09-08-2007, 09:57 PM
He's not blessed with crazy flow or anything, but his lyrics kill.

"I drop knowledge so heavy it'll leave the world unbalanced"..

JerseySucks
09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Eminem use to spit some really fucking sick shit in his old freestyles. He's seriously one of the sickest freestylers to ever pick up a mic.

Immortal Technique is pretty much bullshit. ''BUSH KNOCKED DOWN DAA TOWAHZ.'' Get the fuck out.

p-rodfan
09-09-2007, 05:31 AM
never heard of him, but i might check him out.

what are his political views?

drowning_fish
09-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Sage Francis would kill Eminem in a battle

NorwegianSkater_92
09-09-2007, 08:46 AM
never heard of him, but i might check him out.

what are his political views?

Pretty much that Bush is the root of all evil, he blew up the towers, heīs best friends with Bin laden..you get the idea. I call it complete bullshit.

I still think itīs interesting to listen to what heīs got to say.
Heīs lyrics are just pure awesome!

RUFNbanned
09-09-2007, 08:50 AM
My rhymes are like herpes but harder to catch.

NorwegianSkater_92
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
He is so sick!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iHPdbN0VSl0

drowning_fish
09-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Is that the battle where he goes "I'm the reason your daughter grew up speaking Spanish"? I love that ahaha.

And I've believed the tower thing was shit after I saw this one page where this physicist destroyed the idea of the plane destroying the towers

skate4food
09-09-2007, 09:17 AM
he is amazing i love his shit

The One Who Once Was
09-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Dance With The Devil is the most intense song I have ever heard.

drowning_fish
09-09-2007, 09:23 AM
I hate the fact that that's basically the only song anyone knows by him... Hardly even his best, just the most "touching"

NorwegianSkater_92
09-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I actually think itīs one of his best. The most touching imo, is "You never know". I just love the lyrics in that one.

JerseySucks
09-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Is that the battle where he goes "I'm the reason your daughter grew up speaking Spanish"? I love that ahaha.

How is that a good line? This guys just wack. All of his songs are either ''YEA GHETTO SHIT ROBBIN SELLIN CRACK CORRUPT COPS.'' Or, ''THE GOVERNMENT IS THE DEVIL THEY ARE ON SOME EVIL SHIT NIGGA.''

He said he educated himself in prison, and prison was like slavery to him. Maybe he shouldn't have fucking committed crimes in the first place. And how can you educate yourself while in a prison cell? And I'm fucking sick of scumbags like him talking about ''corrupt cops.'' All too often I hear about pieces of shit on the street that kill cops. Everyone that thinks all or most cops are corrupt needs to pull their head out of their ass. It's ignorant fucks like him and the scum on the street that are the downfall of this country, not cops. He feels sorry for pieces of shit that murder and rob people and are in jail. There are so many flaws with the way this guy thinks and what he believes is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHg5gTeAUbs Why I will never fucking respect or believe a word this fucking scumbag ever sais. No one else on here or anywhere should either.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 12:53 PM
How is that a good line? This guys just wack. All of his songs are either ''YEA GHETTO SHIT ROBBIN SELLIN CRACK CORRUPT COPS.'' Or, ''THE GOVERNMENT IS THE DEVIL THEY ARE ON SOME EVIL SHIT NIGGA.''

He said he educated himself in prison, and prison was like slavery to him. Maybe he shouldn't have fucking committed crimes in the first place. And how can you educate yourself while in a prison cell? And I'm fucking sick of scumbags like him talking about ''corrupt cops.'' All too often I hear about pieces of shit on the street that kill cops. Everyone that thinks all or most cops are corrupt needs to pull their head out of their ass. It's ignorant fucks like him and the scum on the street that are the downfall of this country, not cops. He feels sorry for pieces of shit that murder and rob people and are in jail. There are so many flaws with the way this guy thinks and what he believes is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHg5gTeAUbs Why I will never fucking respect or believe a word this fucking scumbag ever sais. No one else on here or anywhere should either.

Anyways,

This thread is about his music, not him.

And I really like the line where he says "I'll throw up your gang sign, then spit on my hands." There's plenty I like. But, Jersey I agree with you very little. And I like his music, because he's not rapping about how he's so rich, and he has all the bitches and 24in rims on his Cadillac. I think if your going to judge him, then know more about the man.

Ok.

The One Who Once Was
09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I hate the fact that that's basically the only song anyone knows by him... Hardly even his best, just the most "touching"

I have 86 of his songs. Some others I like are Obnoxious, Internally Bleeding, You Never Know.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I have 86 of his songs. Some others I like are Obnoxious, Internally Bleeding, You Never Know.

I only have 19. Sad. Where'd you get yours?

JerseySucks
09-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Anyways,

This thread is about his music, not him.

And I really like the line where he says "I'll throw up your gang sign, then spit on my hands." There's plenty I like. But, Jersey I agree with you very little. And I like his music, because he's not rapping about how he's so rich, and he has all the bitches and 24in rims on his Cadillac. I think if your going to judge him, then know more about the man.

Ok.

There are plenty of rappers that don't rap about being rich and living luxurious. Just because he doesn't rap about that doesn't mean anything, when you compare shit to shit they're still both shit.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 01:27 PM
There are plenty of rappers that don't rap about being rich and living luxurious. Just because he doesn't rap about that doesn't mean anything, when you compare shit to shit they're still both shit.

He's not shit. I know he's not the only one. Im Tech isn't the only rapper I'm into, nor is rap/hip-hop the only genre I like. Okay.

ZeroSkater1235
09-09-2007, 02:21 PM
hes garbage

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
You've never listened to him.
Drone's garbage.

NotoriousBigBird
09-09-2007, 02:32 PM
his rhymes are fucking ridiculous... however his political ideas are fucking retarded.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 03:07 PM
his rhymes are fucking ridiculous... however his political ideas are fucking retarded.

No.

drowning_fish
09-09-2007, 03:22 PM

how is that NOT a good line? funny as hell... to me anyway

Wh0l3
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM

how so?

i like some of his stuff (mainly the political stuff) but i really hate when he's rapping about killing people and shit, it seems really hypocritical considering how he gets really angry with the government killing brown people and all
it's sorta love hate relationship :D i love some of his stuff and i hate others.

and to anyone who hasn't listened to him i recommend "Dance With The Devil"
"Positive Balanc" and "The 4th Branch" but if you just wanna dl one id get dance with the devil, that shits deep.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM
"Dance With The Devil" + "You Never Know"
are the songs I recommend for first timers. They are very deep
DWTD, and "Cause Of Death" are my favorites.

JerseySucks
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
This is exactly what I mean... Times have changed, blacks and minorities in America aren't oppressed anymore, if anything they have more rights. I walk down the aisle of a supermarket and see magazine with named like Black Businessman and Black Men, if their were magazines with names like White Men it would be considered so racist and it'd be pulled from shelves. Affirmative Action isn't necessary anymore, and probably never was, but it still exists. My dad got layed off around 10 years ago, and trouble finding a job because of Affirmative Action, jobs flat out told him they cannot hire him because he is not a minority, it's bullshit. I'm tired of ignorant fucks like IT that say minorities are oppressed now a days, if anything blacks and latinos have gained more rights than whites.

Not to mention he is such a fucking hypocrite. ''I'll shoot through your spleen and send you to the grave.'' he complains about the government killing people, while in his raps he talks about how he will shoot people and shit, what the fuck? This guy seriously should go jump off a fucking bridge.

''I do warped tour for all those crazy mother fucking drug addict white boys, suicidal bitches, college white boys, militant muslims.'' What the fuck? Did he really fucking stereotype that bad? Because people at warped tour are all drug addict white boys... That's like me saying all blacks and latinos are gang members that sell dope and live in jail. this guy is such a fucking dumbass...

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
This is exactly what I mean... Times have changed, blacks and minorities in America aren't oppressed anymore, if anything they have more rights. I walk down the aisle of a supermarket and see magazine with named like Black Businessman and Black Men, if their were magazines with names like White Men it would be considered so racist and it'd be pulled from shelves. Affirmative Action isn't necessary anymore, and probably never was, but it still exists. My dad got layed off around 10 years ago, and trouble finding a job because of Affirmative Action, jobs flat out told him they cannot hire him because he is not a minority, it's bullshit. I'm tired of ignorant fucks like IT that say minorities are oppressed now a days, if anything blacks and latinos have gained more rights than whites.

Not to mention he is such a fucking hypocrite. he complains about the government killing people, while in his raps he talks about how he will shoot people and shit, what the fuck? This guy seriously should go jump off a fucking bridge.

There is still plenty of racism.
Plenty.

Wh0l3
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Not to mention he is such a fucking hypocrite. he complains about the government killing people, while in his raps he talks about how he will shoot people and shit, what the fuck? This guy seriously should go jump off a fucking bridge.

so if blacks and latino's have more than equal rights than white people why are the majority of homeless people minorities? why is it when you go to a project all you see is blacks and hispanics?

and i literally just said that hypocrite thing.

ZeroSkater1235
09-09-2007, 03:47 PM
You've never listened to him.
Drone's garbage.

i have listened to him and he is garbage listen to real rap you fuckin loser

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
i have listened to him and he is garbage listen to real rap you fuckin loser

How's this not real rap?

ZeroSkater1235
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
How's this not real rap?

when i say listen to real rap i mean listen to someone with talent immortal is fucking garbage and i wont take a single thing you say seriously considering you listen to him and rage

JerseySucks
09-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I blame that on the media and peoples mindsets. Lets do some comparison. I go to a very mixed school, 33% white 33% black and the rest is other. Most white kids get better grades, yet we live in the same town, have mostly the same income, and were born with the same opportunities. Yet, blacks seems to do worse in school, because a lot go around school being loud and obnoxious. I blame this on the media, mainstream rap, television, and other shit that corrupts people minds. Asians and Indians come over as immigrants and do better than whites and blacks because they have the mindset they want to go far and are raised being told to do well, opposed to whites and blacks born here that take learning for granted. It's not about income or how much money you have, as I said some minorities like Asians and Indians have the same or worse income as blacks and latinos and projects, but choose to take advantage of the opportunities presented to them. As the saying goes, it's not what you have, but how you use it.

Sorry if I came off racist to some, I'm just stating facts and making observations of what I see around me.

Test scores from my school to prove my post, remember, all the same town and pretty much the same income.

Language Arts Literacy
All Students 79%
Male 74%
Black 71%
Asian 96%
Hispanic 76%
White 83%

Math
All Students 69%
Male 67%
Black 57%
Asian 89%
Hispanic 71%
White 73%

Wh0l3
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
but that of course doesn't represent all of emerica ( :D ) but i do agree with you that corporate news, mainstream rap, and tv does corrupt alot of black people (and everyone else)

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
but that of course doesn't represent all of emerica ( :D ) but i do agree with you that corporate news, mainstream rap, and tv does corrupt alot of black people (and everyone else)

Agreed.

JerseySucks
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
There is still plenty of racism.
Plenty.

yea racism against whites. If a black person is called a nigg3r by a white it's an amazingly fucking big deal. If a black person calls a white a cracka, it doesn't mean shit, such a fucking double standard. If a black person were to shoot a white it wouldn't mean shit on the news, just a white male gets shot. If a white person were to shoot a black, it'd be.. HATE CRIME AGAINST BLACK, ANGRY WHITE KU KLUX REDNECK MOTHER FUCKER RACIST SHOOTS BLACK, LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD IS OUTRAGED, PEOPLE WANT CHANGE.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
yea racism against whites. If a black person is called a nigg3r by a white it's an amazingly fucking big deal. If a black person calls a white a cracka, it doesn't mean shit, such a fucking double standard. If a black person were to shoot a white it wouldn't mean shit on the news, just a white male gets shot. If a white person were to shoot a black, it'd be.. HATE CRIME AGAINST BLACK, ANGRY WHITE KU KLUX REDNECK MOTHER FUCKER RACIST SHOOTS BLACK, LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD IS OUTRAGED, PEOPLE WANT CHANGE.

Thats true, but I think if a black man shoots a white man, he'd get almost the same treatment.

JerseySucks
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats true, but I think if a black man shoots a white man, he'd get almost the same treatment.

Sort of, definitely not anywhere the same degree, only time it's like that is when blacks shoot cops, the media goes crazy, but thats 100% justified.

MinusTheSkateboard
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Sort of, definitely not anywhere the same degree, only time it's like that is when blacks shoot cops, the media goes crazy, but thats 100% justified.

I hate the media, its all about getting a good story.

Anti-Hero
09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
He really doesnt touch a lot of sick guys, like Yak Ballz fucking kills him, and fuck Sage, C-Rayz, all those guy fucking rip him.

DietCocaine
09-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Immortal Technique is the best political rapper and one of the best lyrical rappers IMO

drowning_fish
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Yak Balls, Weathermen! Good shit. Although I still love Sage

AntiEmoArmy
09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I just learned about Immortal Technique today, and that guy is crazy. I only heard the song Dance With The Devil. That song is seriously fucked up. I was listening to it on my friends ipod today while skating and after it was done I was just like "wow....." it made me feel really depressed and suddenly I dident feel like skating anymore. I havent heard any of his political views but I think to each his own. My favorite political rappers are Talib Kweli and Mos Def, when they collaberated and became Black Star. It is more mild on views but I really like it. What do you guys think? Oh and also I think it is retarted about black people being able to use the word :toung::toung::toung::toung::toung::toung: and calling people cracker in public but it dosent mean shit. I am white and at my highschool I would say that 30% of the kids at my school are black, and about 50% are white and the rest is mexican and other. The black kids are mostly gangsters and there are a few (about 20) that are skaters. Its strange that black people can dress however they want and no one seems to bother or care, but when a white person trys to dress like a gangster they are made fun of and pushed around? Being a skater I wear hip-hopish clothes but not really. The big thing that these kids wear are clothes with huge $ sighns and diamonds on them and other stuff. Its just weird.

Renegade of Funk
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Some of his beats aren't the best but he has really good lyrics. i dont agree with all his politics, but i'd rather listen to someone talking about real stuff than most other rap.

if you want some other political rap check out Dead Prez. It's kinda the same thing with them as with Tech, but i think they have better beats.

NorwegianSkater_92
09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
when i say listen to real rap i mean listen to someone with talent immortal is fucking garbage and i wont take a single thing you say seriously considering you listen to him and rage

What do you consider talent ? 50 cent and Jay-Z ?

spanky_dan
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM

This is way off-topic, but fuck you. If you seriously support that shit in your sig, you are a fucking moron.

These quotes are some of the most retarded/biased/fucking stupid things I have ever read,

"We are dedicated to restoring the right to religious freedom."

"Our goal is to provide people with the information and guidance they need to choose Atheism and live healthy, God-free lives."

"It helps to give people the skills needed to recognize and resist the subtle and overt pressures that cause them to experiment with God or become involved in churches or church activities."

Freedom of religion is a two way street fuckwit. I think a lot of people have the will to choose themselves what they want to believe. These morons are seriously the biggest hypocrites if they are serious in saying, "We are dedicated to restoring the right to religious freedom," but also work in Partnership with God-Free America.

I'm not even a Christian and that annoyed the shit out of me. God damn people are retarded.

I can understand what they are saying, but wow, some of their statements are just stupid.

AntiEmoArmy
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
wow I 100% agree spanky, whole, you my friend are one mother fucking retard.

ZeroSkater1235
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
What do you consider talent ? 50 cent and Jay-Z ?

hell no if you want to know i would say masta killa is one of the most talented rappers out their

!@#$
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
yea racism against whites. If a black person is called a nigg3r by a white it's an amazingly fucking big deal. If a black person calls a white a cracka, it doesn't mean shit.
thats probably attributed to the whole slavery thing, but i agree that is kinde a double standard

Renegade of Funk
09-10-2007, 05:49 PM
This is way off-topic, but fuck you.

I knew it had to be good when it starts off like that.

oh yeah, and agreed.

Renegade of Funk
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM

you mean shooting the cop is 100% justified, right?

JerseySucks
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
you mean shooting the cop is 100% justified, right?

No... I mean making a big deal about cops getting shot by street thugs is justified.

Renegade of Funk
09-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I guess they just make a big deal about it because it doesn't happen enough so they arnt used to it...

since people are used to cops shooting people, its not that big of a deal when they do it..

Anti-Hero
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
thats probably attributed to the whole slavery thing, but i agree that is kinde a double standard

Well, I've never owned slaves, can I yell nigg3r at black people in the street?

Wh0l3
09-11-2007, 11:42 AM
This is way off-topic, but fuck you. If you seriously support that shit in your sig, you are a fucking moron.

These quotes are some of the most retarded/biased/fucking stupid things I have ever read,

"We are dedicated to restoring the right to religious freedom."

"Our goal is to provide people with the information and guidance they need to choose Atheism and live healthy, God-free lives."

"It helps to give people the skills needed to recognize and resist the subtle and overt pressures that cause them to experiment with God or become involved in churches or church activities."

Freedom of religion is a two way street fuckwit. I think a lot of people have the will to choose themselves what they want to believe. These morons are seriously the biggest hypocrites if they are serious in saying, "We are dedicated to restoring the right to religious freedom," but also work in Partnership with God-Free America.

I'm not even a Christian and that annoyed the shit out of me. God damn people are retarded.

I can understand what they are saying, but wow, some of their statements are just stupid.

yer right, new sig on the wai

!@#$
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, I've never owned slaves, can I yell nigg3r at black people in the street?

yea thats why i said its sortve a double standard, but its also offensive cause thats what they were called back then, although i had no part in it its still offensive
i guess

MinusTheSkateboard
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Getting off topic, but its cool to see this thread wasn't a complete failure.
:D

StreetLight
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM

You speak truth. I dont know how many times, ive been called a "cracka ass white boy" by these fucking obnoxious ass black people. If i were to turn around call him a :toung::toung::toung::toung::toung::toung: after being provoked, my "cracka ass" would be expelled. There is more racism towards white people today, then there is against anyone else. This coming from someone who doesnt hang out with a lot of white people.

!@#$
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Some of his beats aren't the best but he has really good lyrics. i dont agree with all his politics, but i'd rather listen to someone talking about real stuff than most other rap.

if you want some other political rap check out Dead Prez. It's kinda the same thing with them as with Tech, but i think they have better beats.

damn that stencil in your sig is awesome
banksy?