PDA

View Full Version : slipknot

webby
11-10-2005, 10:20 AM
personally i hate slipknot but thats just me.this lad at school said to me u cant really be a skater/mosher if you dont like slipknot.is that just gay or do u love slipknot and do you think that there is any difference between a skater and a mosher.

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
11-10-2005, 10:40 AM
finally, someone who dislikes them as much as some of us here do on SB-C. welcome!

Vivica
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
finally, someone who dislikes them as much as some of us here do on SB-C. welcome!

hold on a second, are you saying you just don't like their music, or do you think they're bad as a band?

i didn't used to like their music, but the are brilliant as a band, both theory wise and as a band, if you know what i mean.

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
both. i used to like them as a band, they'd be so much better without the words.

webby
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
i sense this thread may cause an argument.wait my spider sense is tingling

(Valo Falcone)
11-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I sense that this is a waste of time, if you like them then good, if you don't good. Why waste time making a topic about a band you hate? You don't see me making a punk rock/emo anti-thread do you? NO.
Point is I like them, but all the this band vs Slipknot, I hate Slipknot, Slipknot rule topics piss me off!

yekcim
11-10-2005, 03:16 PM
i like them. they are talented. songs have actual meaning, not just gouging out someones eyes with a stick(icp).

i know icp sings about more than that, but im just saying that slipknots songs have meaning.

Zero Tolerance
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
I like them but they got more mellow and im loosing interests but yeah there ok and if you dont like them then we dont need to hear your cryes about how you hate them, nobody cares

visa71
11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
i like slipknot there a very talented band but i dont need to see like 20 threads on them

111fromheaven
11-10-2005, 04:18 PM
for all you guys that hate slipknot, go fuck yourselves! They are one of the best bands for skate songs that I know of. Now, if you wouldn't mind I am going to track you all down and drown you in your own piss, and I am going to do it all listening to Duality.

thealmightykb
11-10-2005, 04:59 PM
older slipknot was way better than this new softer crap(subliminal verses).

Marevix
11-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I used to like Slipknot alot, now Slipknot is just a band I used to listen to. For around 8-9 months I listened to the albums, but now they're starting to get boring because alot of their songs have the same structure, no solos at all. I had a dream where Slipknot's new album had cool guitar solos and some variation in song structure, but it turned out to be just a dream..

ryanB
11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
they suck. theory wise? excuse me? theyre not deep. its just bullshit. their music is mediocre

goten9001
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
i like them. they are talented. songs have actual meaning, not just gouging out someones eyes with a stick(icp).

i know icp sings about more than that, but im just saying that slipknots songs have meaning.

I agree ICP has really no meaning, if thats what you're saying. But, not to start an argument or anything, I was going to post the opposite of what you did about Slipknow( or as a I call them around school, slipkanot, because yeah). I find them pretty untalented. I mean, yeah the instruments, although sounding pretty unapealing to me, have to take skill to do. But the vocals always seemed pretty untalented. They just scream or throw out some violent or hatefull or anti-social lyrics that just make me sit and think " is that the best they can think of?"... So I gues their songs can have some meaning to some people, but to me, they just seam meaningless...

Popwar Pill
11-10-2005, 05:45 PM
oh my fucking lord stop making these fucking topics you little cock suckers.

the short skater
11-10-2005, 05:52 PM
i don't listen to slipknot that often but you don't HAVE to like them to be a REAL skater. skateboarding is about skateboarding, it doesn't matter what music you listen to.

(Valo Falcone)
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Slipknot used to do solos before Corey and James joined then went downhill a bit, now Vol. 3 its like skydiving.

Vivica
11-14-2005, 11:07 AM
i totally disagree!

solo's arn't NEEDED they're awesome sometimes, but songs don't need them, i think corey has been good, and james has one SEXY fat tele!

biff_corp
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
for all you guys that hate slipknot, go fuck yourselves! They are one of the best bands for skate songs that I know of. Now, if you wouldn't mind I am going to track you all down and drown you in your own piss, and I am going to do it all listening to Duality.
its people like you that give me an even more negative outlook on them.

DVS137
11-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I agree ICP has really no meaning, if thats what you're saying. But, not to start an argument or anything, I was going to post the opposite of what you did about Slipknow( or as a I call them around school, slipkanot, because yeah). I find them pretty untalented. I mean, yeah the instruments, although sounding pretty unapealing to me, have to take skill to do. But the vocals always seemed pretty untalented. They just scream or throw out some violent or hatefull or anti-social lyrics that just make me sit and think " is that the best they can think of?"... So I gues their songs can have some meaning to some people, but to me, they just seam meaningless...
You're like the kids at my school....Slipkanot omg how can you be that retarded to call them that!

Marevix
11-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Slipknot used to do solos before Corey and James joined then went downhill a bit, now Vol. 3 its like skydiving.

Yeah, I still listen to MFKR. If the original Slipknot lineup was still around I'd be happy..