PDA

View Full Version : The Official Drummer Thread

headrush_skater
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
if you play drums, post pics of your set, talk about playing, give tips:

i dont have a pic of my set currently, but you wouldnt want to see it anyways, its ugly and i need to work on it a bunch.

im having problems with playing the hi hat and using the double bass pedal at without it sounding like shit. ive played with the hi hat locked down and kinda loose so i dont really have to worry about pedaling it, but its not the same and you cant get the same soudns with it.

my drumset is a private brand that my friends dad owns, its called starion. its a 5 piece set with 3 cymbals-splash, crash(split) and crash ride, obviously a hi hat and i play a double kick pedal.

i also need a new crash cymbal for cheap, im lookin at sabian but theyre pretty expensive. i may just go for zildjian planet z cymbals because theyre not quite so expensive.

so now that the official thread is started, post your asses off and get it stickied!

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
11-06-2005, 07:53 PM
man us bass players are gonna feel left out without a thread for us.

headrush_skater
11-07-2005, 11:20 AM
then make one

Kolzig
11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
these have come up from time to time and never last. and about the double bass its simple--dont play double bass. most drummers will automatically not like your playing if you use a double bass pedal even if you are amazing. most but not all.

Snake
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Whats the big deal about a sticky? As long as it hasnt been deleted who cares? Stickies are for popular topics that are often made over and over and become annoying. I dont rember the last time i saw a drum topic.

headrush_skater
11-07-2005, 04:45 PM
maybe not many people on these forums play drums? i play with a double bass because it gives some creative freedom, there's more you can do when playing with a double bass than there is with a single pedal, and im all about improving.

bunghole
11-08-2005, 07:17 PM
I play single bass pedal, double is ok but its anoying when metal heads just play them as fast as possible.

iplaydrums
11-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Does any actually play real double bass? As in two bass drums, not a double pedal, I do.

Kolzig
11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Does any actually play real double bass? As in two bass drums, not a double pedal, I do.
doesnt really matter what one you play. its more cost effective to get a dbl pedal which is why more people play that

L.o.v.e skater
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
wow, a drummer thread... i have a home now..... lol yea double pedals are more price efficient but most ppl look down on u for it..

Silent Skater
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
my 8 year old brother plays drums...

Ipswitch
11-19-2005, 07:14 AM
wow, a drummer thread... i have a home now..... lol yea double pedals are more price efficient but most ppl look down on u for it..

Totally not true. Now, I have a double bass pedal, but almost never use it, only here and there for fills and stuff. But look at stupid Joey Jordison. People idolize him because he's fast. I personaly dont like double b**** but thats just because I dont like metal. But, back to the facts...

Right now I own a shit Pacific EZ 5 piece in jet black
Pearl Chad Smith Sig. Snare (rad)
Ludwig accent 8x10, 10x10 add on toms
Zildian..:
zbt:( 13'' hats
zbt:( 18'' crash ride
a custom 10''
? no name crash got with kit
Sabian HHX Evolution (Dave Weckl Sig) 20'' ride (holy ***** amazing. The bell is spectacular! Worth every penny)
LP Cowbell
Pacific double bass pedal
Pacific hat stand
Pearl hardware
Remo Pinstrips in 5 piece
Evans G1's on Add ons
Vic Firth Dave Weckl Evolution Sig. Sticks

Getting either a Sonor Force 3005 (9 ply maple shells)
or
Mapex Pro M
or
Mapex Pro M 15th

And DONT get planet z's. They are shit. And how are Sabians more expensive then Zildjian. They arent. Sabian is by far cheaper you'll see. If you really want cast bronze cymbals and go cheap which I dont recommend, i'd probably go with Sabian B8's. They are alright. Or Paiste pst series. Just not planet z or zbt or zxt and DEFINITLY NOT ZXTi. Ask if you have any more questions...

the short skater
11-19-2005, 07:22 AM
my set SUX horribly cause i got it last cristmas and i havent got any time or money to buy new cymbals or anything, but i still play.

-=MuTT=-
11-19-2005, 07:35 AM
these have come up from time to time and never last. and about the double bass its simple--dont play double bass. most drummers will automatically not like your playing if you use a double bass pedal even if you are amazing. most but not all.

eh, double bass is okay if you're into that sort of thing. i'd rather just stick with one.

Ipswitch
11-19-2005, 07:44 AM

Wow.. you guys really know absalutly nothing. Why the hell would someone look down at you for double bass pedal? I have one, but I rarely use it. I agree, im not a fan of double bass playing, but that totally is not true people look down at you for playing one. You guys are pretty stupid.

!Ferg!
11-19-2005, 08:01 AM
i use a stupid electronic yamaha drum kit. well its pretty good considerng it cost HKD11,000 (divide by 8 if ure in the us or 12 in the uk) it just that i dont get the right feel. haha. i like real drum kits only problem is that stupid neighbours complain!!!

j4eva
11-19-2005, 09:29 AM
heres mine. http://www.gear4music.com/index.php?sec=proddetails&pcode=PBKITBLA&sid=52ff1d69eaff02e228f1a938fa52ea20 its amazing for the money, only £200 with silencer pads. (342.482 USD)

iplaydrums
12-01-2005, 12:49 PM
It's not really that people look down on double-pedal players, but it seems that they are underrated compared to double bass players.

fallen80i
12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
my dad is pro drummer he can teach me very fast

CasperGuy
12-04-2005, 02:51 AM
i have a stagg drum set with meinl headliner cymbals , i hope soon to get some remo pinstripes.i am learning drums for 3 years.my favorite drummer these months is nicko mcbrain .

iplaydrums
12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
This one time a gut said John Bonham was god, and when he said this, I realized that John Bonham actually does look a lot like Jesus.

Kolzig
12-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Wow.. you guys really know absalutly nothing. Why the hell would someone look down at you for double bass pedal? I have one, but I rarely use it. I agree, im not a fan of double bass playing, but that totally is not true people look down at you for playing one. You guys are pretty stupid.

no you obviously dont know much about drumming. ive been a drummer for over 8 years and have met hundreds of drummers through networking, at concerts, clinics and just regular people and about 90% percent say that they will not give you respect if you use a dbl bass. be a real man and use one and make it sound like two.

Blank-skater
12-09-2005, 04:52 PM
i mainly play marching percussion, like marching snare, quads, and quints..but wen i do play set, i use my yamaha, with sabian ride cumbal, sabian hi-hats, sabian crash cymbal, and sabian splash cymbal