PDA

View Full Version : My black metal project

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
07-23-2007, 07:13 PM
So I finally decided on a name and shit and have everything set up as far as trying to get the word out goes.

www.myspace.com/darkrieg

I do everything in the track besides the drums, they were a loop I had. The real drumming would have speed and blast beats, but kinda just gave this one a doomy/sludgy feel because I don't have any speed drum loops.

Marevix
07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Get a programmable software drum machine, then you can use whatever drum patterns you want (that's what I'm using for the experimetal - pun intended - demo I'm recording soon) . Vocals remind me of a mix between Bathory and Immortal; some of the leads seem pointlessly wankish, but the riffs are fine.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
07-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Any other comments?

Attack
07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
I enjoyed it, but I think you should either make the vocals louder when shredding or reduce the volume of the shredding, because they get lost at this volume.

Also, you might want to use Drum Station DT-010 (http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?6132) for your drum loops. It's so good, and it's free. It's what I use.

EDIT: But, yeah. The music was good.

EDIT2: You also might want to get rid of the "I edited my profile with" thing in your description. It's not very black metal.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
07-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I enjoyed it, but I think you should either make the vocals louder when shredding or reduce the volume of the shredding, because they get lost at this volume.

Also, you might want to use Drum Station DT-010 (http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?6132) for your drum loops. It's so good, and it's free. It's what I use.

EDIT: But, yeah. The music was good.

EDIT2: You also might want to get rid of the "I edited my profile with" thing in your description. It's not very black metal.

Thanks. Its just a sample track right now. I didn't put any effort into it. I didn't even write music to it, I just started playin riffs and went along with it. I didn't edit the solos in to it, I played that along with the lead guitar riffs durring the "chorus" and they just came out that loud.

As for the "I edit my profile with.." I tried taking it out, but whenever I erase it from the code it doesn't show the "update profile" button for some reason.

d-ville skater
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Nice stuff, Black Metal isnt really my favorite genre out there, but I can tell you did a pretty good job.

The vocals though kind of get lost at times, Id say raise the volume on that one.

dutch madman
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
i seriously hope you didn't do the vocals, because they fucking suck.

otherwise, i found it too slow, but it could become halfway decent

Attack
07-24-2007, 02:42 PM
i seriously hope you didn't do the vocals, because they fucking suck.

Pshah, the vocals sound like old-school Mayhem, and they were way cool.

V3
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I liked it, but again make the vocals louder.

BandagedSkater
07-26-2007, 02:38 AM
That kinda sucked.

pimpinkid
07-26-2007, 03:27 AM
Everything wasnt to bad.
I disliked the vocals.

Attack
07-26-2007, 08:38 AM
You have so many good bands on your friends list.