PDA

View Full Version : starting a band

Kryptonicsrocks
11-04-2005, 07:58 PM
i just thought of starting bass guitar today in class and i told my friends( who are begineer guitarists) and wanted me to be in on the band they were making. I don't know anything about the guitar what so ever since i just decided like a few hours ago and i was just wandering if anyone who is in a band could tell me stuff about playing that might help, just anything?

liebherk
11-04-2005, 07:59 PM
you definitely want to play bare minimum, at least a year before you even think about starting a band.

Kryptonicsrocks
11-04-2005, 08:01 PM
you definitely want to play bare minimum, at least a year before you even think about starting a band.

well we are just gonna like work on practicing music since we are all just starting but the band is just gonna be like to help each other and it's gonna suck at first but get better in like a year

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
For starting so early have some serious dedication, try to have fun of course, and experiment with different styles of playing try to broaden your horizons more.

Kryptonicsrocks
11-04-2005, 08:12 PM
^^

well we arent gonna actually play at first, first we are gonna work on songs and practice until we get good then when we get good well actually "start"

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Yea so just some jam sessions. Those are always fun

givehugsnotdrugs
11-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Just have fun with it, don't confine yourself to one genre. Find your own thing. With my band, we just thought some lyrics up and some riffs and shit and just kept playing it till we got it down. We kept doing that, and now we get most of our songs down first try.

Kolzig
11-05-2005, 06:51 AM
doesnt have to play for a year some good bands like ramones and the sex pistols were awesome and they really didnt know how to play

Klausfloride
11-05-2005, 06:58 AM
well if you just started it gonna be a crappy band but you need to learn how to write music. Like making bass lines, you could even be like thousands of pop rock bands my just mimic the guitar my playing the root of the chord they are playing

(Valo Falcone)
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Take it from me (Ive been in a lot of bands), that playing gutar is simple to link notes together like powerchords, chords, and just a note at a time (you can't make shit like that sound good on bass for some reason).
When you make a new song, just find a tempo that you like start out just playing around then after you get a few things you like justtry linking them togeter (thats what I do).
And starting a band with friends might end a friendship like my friends that played with me in Rizm, now Im a solo band called Suicide Attempt and Im recording a 4 track demo right now.