PDA

View Full Version : B.C. Rich Warbeast

Marevix
06-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Is selling for $200 at Musician's Friend (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Warbeast-Guitar-Electric-Guitar?sku=512674) until August 30th. A good price for the guitar in question, should I buy it?

codyguy
06-22-2007, 10:38 PM
i say go for it
but who cares what i say

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
06-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Might aswell if you're looking for somewhat of a good deal. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Marevix
06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm currently playing a Squier Bullet, which isn't exactly metal oriented. If it lives up to a similar reputation as the Warlock, then it should be a definite improvement.

(Valo Falcone)
06-22-2007, 11:18 PM
I bet anything would be better that was my first guitar then I went right to Ibanez.

kristian
06-23-2007, 04:10 AM
Personally, I wouldn't buy it but that is mainly because of personal preference. I know you are interested in taking a more metal approach to guitar though so this guitar seems like it would be good for you and the fact that it's on sale adds to that.

The things I don't like about this guitar are:

1) It has no inlays which could sometimes cause confusion (Inlays are the dots or whatever design the gutiar has that are on the 3,5,7,9,12 etc frets that tell you were you are on the neck).

2) It has BC Rich pickups. I would prefer a set of Seymour Duncan's or a Set of EMG's over BC Rich's simply because I love the high gain sound the Seymour's and the EMG's have. However, it's not like you couldn't just upgrade the pickups in the future.

One thing I really like about this guitar is the fact that the body shape can almost work as an armrest actually. A friend of mine has a guitar made by BC Rich with a very similar body shade and you can rest your picking hand on the top part of it comfortably if your arm starts to get tired.

Soo, yeah thats my opinion.

Gunot
06-23-2007, 05:52 AM
it says "Due 08-30-2007"
they're probably inlays on the side but it seems to be a low end guitar
bolt on, basswood, crappy pups
save up for something better like an ibanez or 400+ series ltd

kristian
06-23-2007, 06:32 AM
they're probably inlays on the side

I tend to use the ones on the neck as a guide, that's why i said it was a matter of a personal opinion.

jpharaoh69
06-23-2007, 08:08 AM
yea i wouldnt get that. basswood body, shabby pickups, no inlays, its a BC rich, maple neck (thats a preference i suppose but i dont like it)

the only thing going for it is that it looks cool.

Klausfloride
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Everyone seems to love B.C. Rich, but I hate them. Everyone I've played was so god damn heavy, and very ugly. I played this one glow in the dark plexiglass green one, not only was it ugly as shit it was heavier then my bass.

But if you like them, I guess its fine. But I couldn't give you any real advice on this particular deal, because as mentioned above my experiences with these guitars is minimal. I just wanted to say that I think they're heavy and ugly.

Schism
06-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I Personally hate BC Rich Guitars

hippyskater9244
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM
and they dont stay in tune very well, besides the fact that they look cool

Century Child
06-24-2007, 02:24 AM
and they dont stay in tune very well, besides the fact that they look cool

I think your thinking of BC Warlocks Sliver series. Im not sure about Warbeasts.