PDA

View Full Version : Your philosophy: Music 10 years from now

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
11-01-2005, 09:51 PM
i know, i know. Another one of those "years from now" posts.

Pick a specific genre(s) and elaborate on what state that genre will be in within the next 10 years.

It's sorta hard to elaborate on music in the future but use your imagination and try.

Jazz - this genre will continue to go through it's phases. If you think of jazz and how far back it goes you'll realize how far it's come. The prominent jazz today is Trip Hop, Smooth Jazz and Chill. It's hard to predict how Jazz will advance within the next 10 years. I believe it will be even more electrically generated and experimental.

Punk - I believe that punk music will be segregated..it won't die out. However there will be mainstream punk and underground punk. Underground punk is where it's at. Pop punk will take over the mainstream.

Emo - Emo will no longer have emotion in 10 years, it will drain out. It'll be a form of music which is more similiar to hardcore than it ever was before. There has always been a hardcore side to Emo, but I don't know if there will be as many bands that are emotional but are mroe hardcore. Ahh, to make these confusing sentences short..emo will lean way more towards hardcore.

Hip Hop - As with Punk, Hip Hop will be segregated as well (as it is now, just like punk).

Overall, I believe that there will be forms of music that are extremely avant-garde (i.e., Four Tet). It'll be wayyyyy more experimental than anyone think it would ever be. People will be making music with what's inside the instrument and not the instrument itself.

What's your philosophy on where music will be in 10 years from now?

dain84
11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
It will be good. Think about it.

70s: Great.
80s:Mostly crappy.
90s: great
00s: Horrible.

Vivica
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
by that theory the 60's should be shit... but they were pretty good!

mkcrank mulisha
11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
metal while get popular and there will be an explosion of nu metal worse than there is now. like what my chemical romance did exept 10 times worse

Vivica
11-02-2005, 12:06 PM
i reckon for the next 10 years all this manufactured RnB shit will get bigger and bigger...

then in about 5 years time you'll see alot of "Crunk" artists getting into that scene.

and then people will get back into rap metal...

meanwhile hardcore acid jazz fans etc will continue to churn out awesome music, along with trance, DnB, etc...

mkcrank mulisha
11-02-2005, 12:12 PM
i reckon for the next 10 years all this manufactured RnB shit will get bigger and bigger...

then in about 5 years time you'll see alot of "Crunk" artists getting into that scene.

and then people will get back into rap metal...

meanwhile hardcore acid jazz fans etc will continue to churn out awesome music, along with trance, DnB, etc...
trance is amazing

Vivica
11-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Word!

everybody seems to think its just dissapeared, but its still easy to find alot of really awesome trance!

you know what genre i can't find much good modern stuff of though? DUB!

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
11-02-2005, 12:59 PM
indeed, Trance is awesome.

skatemerica
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
The whole 'gangster rap' type thing is going to die out pretty quick. Some artists though, like Jay Z who are already changing, will stay around. Basically, rap and RnB type stuff is going to get more, well, non steriotypical and crap.

Punk Rock, Metal, and that general type of music is going to go higher and higher. Music has been getting less actual singing, and more just 'death roars' and stuff as time goes on. I think that's going to get bigger. Nu Metal is 10 years is going to be like the currently death metal. And the death metal of now is going to have just alot more shit to it.

Oh yeah, Emo I think is a phase that is going to die out pretty soon. Goth is something that is forever, and always been around. Emo isn't.

DVS137
11-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Mainstream Rap-Gone(Hopefully)

kornskaterlambofgod
11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
i beileve the insane clown posse will become a major cult and take over germany and south africa

StrikexHard
11-02-2005, 02:52 PM
ska is supposed to get really big over the next few years. all those kids with uneven bangs and skin tight pants are going to eventually be kids with top hats and trumpets that are always smiling

Kolzig
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
emo music will be a genre nobody listens to cuz the fad will die

SmaShitUp87
11-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Spinnaz and hos everywhere.

sk8_until_the_day_i_die
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
emo music just like the people (who arn't really emo, but they r pretending just like everyone else to b) will die. metal (all kinds will spring up in about 4 years and become very popular like hip hop is now ( everyone will dress "metal" then pop will b considered lame so no one will listen to it yet it will still be majorly produced by nu bands coming out. country will become more rok based and still a "parent favorite" then lastly, punk will turn heavier and gradually loose what it was ment to be. and people will forget how it is now. then someone like whoever startedd this post, will say the exact same thing in 7 years. someone will answer like me and say stuff like this except how it will b from what it is then.

Vivica
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
ska is supposed to get really big over the next few years. all those kids with uneven bangs and skin tight pants are going to eventually be kids with top hats and trumpets that are always smiling

ska had never been really big, and will never be really big...

however its always here, there are always loads of ska bands around, for one reason, SKA NEVER GOES OUT OF FASHION!

Gunot
11-03-2005, 12:52 PM
10yrs from now, there will be genres like nu-emo and punk hip hop

Vivica
11-03-2005, 01:45 PM
10yrs from now, there will be genres like nu-emo and punk hip hop

nu-emo is what most people class as emo anyway... what people class as emo isn't what emo started out as.

as for punk hip hop... where to start, all i can be bothered with is to say... Transplants?

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
yes indeed, hip hop seems to be getting worse.

i can go back two decades or so and remember NWA. It just seems like hip hop back then was so raw and today..well...it's all for show. It's losing it's authenicity through whats on the mainstream today.

newb_frend_of_rock_rocks_
11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
The whole 'gangster rap' type thing is going to die out pretty quick. Some artists though, like Jay Z who are already changing, will stay around. Basically, rap and RnB type stuff is going to get more, well, non steriotypical and crap.

right buddy, you're wrong already, jayz is long retired, gangster rap is gonna get mixed in with political, thats where raps going these days, the underground shit is the bomb but mainstream is ***** soon as some of these underground guys blow up itll be a whole nother hip hop craze

greenmass
11-03-2005, 07:04 PM
rap will go from barely understandable to complete gibberish

enjoisk8ing
11-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Punk Rock, Metal, and that general type of music is going to go higher and higher. Music has been getting less actual singing, and more just 'death roars' and stuff as time goes on. I think that's going to get bigger. Nu Metal is 10 years is going to be like the currently death metal. And the death metal of now is going to have just alot more shit to it.

Oh yeah, Emo I think is a phase that is going to die out pretty soon. Goth is something that is forever, and always been around. Emo isn't.
dude, rite about the metal whatever happened to those perfect little moments inside really hard old metal stuff-i.e. about 4 minutes into metallicas master of puppets

Klausfloride
11-14-2005, 02:24 PM
it will progress like it has been for the padt 50 years, or maybe it could slow down, who knows. and even if it not that good you can listen to what you want

iplaydrums
11-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Every genre of music will combine; Jazz-metal, Hair-rap, Punk-blues, etc.