PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of my band..

Ipswitch
11-01-2005, 09:06 AM
hey everyone, listen to my band. These recordings where done without bass but a few days ago we found someone to play bass for us, but then the next day he hurt his shoulder in hockey! Such bad luck! Anyways, yeah, these songs are total rough drafts, and they both are getting totally switched around, but you get the idea. We have more original songs, but those 2 are the only ones we have up now. We are 13 and 14 from Andover Mass.

www.myspace.com/matick

matick, do you like that name? Suggestions welcome.

Vivica
11-01-2005, 09:29 AM
i do like it...

you use multi-fx though right?

and the drums sound like a flatz kit?

i like how you've made good use of stereo!

the songs are cool, i can see how you'd get to them, jamming and stuff.

wouldn't go down great at a gig, but as a band, i can see it being alright to play.

i like.

Ipswitch
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
i do like it...

you use multi-fx though right?

and the drums sound like a flatz kit?

i like how you've made good use of stereo!

the songs are cool, i can see how you'd get to them, jamming and stuff.

wouldn't go down great at a gig, but as a band, i can see it being alright to play.

i like.

huh? flatz kit? Yeah, that Rufus and Brutus adventures is the only effects song. Im not a fan of effects. Why wouldnt it go good at a gig? But yeah, keep in mind that the songs have been changed a lot since those recordings. Totally differant verse and outro. Oh, and by the way, im the drummer. And dont pay attention to the fills in both songs, they are TERRIBLE, and were just off the top of my head. Please dont pay attention to those.

Vivica
11-01-2005, 10:10 AM
yea, the effects bugged me, but through a proper amp it'd sound better.

rufus and brutus was just abit slow i thought, but if thats how you want to do it then its cool!

i said it sounds like a flatz kit because the drums lack any depth, it just sounds like a flatz kit.

Ipswitch
11-01-2005, 10:22 AM
yea, the effects bugged me, but through a proper amp it'd sound better.

rufus and brutus was just abit slow i thought, but if thats how you want to do it then its cool!

i said it sounds like a flatz kit because the drums lack any depth, it just sounds like a flatz kit.

yes, and your right. My kit is TERRIBLE. Oh man, its a shit Pacific EZ 5 peice with..
Chad Smith sig. snare
8x10
10x10 ludwig accent add-on toms
13'' zildjian zbt hats (HATE)
18'' zildjian zbt crash/ride (HATE)
10'' a custom splash (pretty good)
?'' no name crash got with kit (HATE)
20'' Sabian Evolution (dave weckl sig.) ride (LOVE OH MY ONE OF BEST RIDES OUT THERE)
LP cowbell
pdp double bass pedal
pdp duel leg hat stand
roc-n-soc throne (soooo comfy)
remo pinstripes on original 5 piece, evans g1's on 8x10 and 10x10
vic firth dave weckl evolution sig. sticks

umm, i think thats all. But yeah, as you can see, im currently upgrading my cymbals, and then for maybe xmas or my bday ask for a new kit, hopfully a pearl elx, or maybe go even better and a starclassic!

liebherk
11-02-2005, 03:49 PM
hmm, not bad. My only complaint is that in "Swingin," at the part where the drums cut out for a while, your guitar players picked most of the notes... it annoyed me a bit, I think it would have sounded a lot better with more hammer ons and pull offs.